Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disarming security sys

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Sal C
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disarming security sys

I read about disarming the security sys for our bikes that have the key FOB. My question: If I trailer the bike, say for a 10 hr trip, should I put the bike in 'travel mode' even if the FOB is within 1 foot of the bike? I thought I read something about the bike arming/disarming itself continuously and possible subsequent battery discharge. PS Don't worry guys and gals, I VERY SELDOM trailer...maybe once a year.
Thanks in advance

Old 03-26-2009, 05:51 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,405 Likes on 13,374 Posts

Yes use the travel mode,thats exactly what it's for,it's easy to reset.Also if you have not already done so enter your pin in case you lose your fob or the battery in it dies so you can start it.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:26 AM
JohnAE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the security system will cycle on and off. I think it will if you don't have the ignition on even with the fob close by, but I haven't tried that. Travel mode is easy to use, if you have the directions. It will drain your battery fast if the security system cycles on and off. I trailered my Dyna for two hours after picking it up from the dealer and couldn't get the Travel mode on. Watched the lights go on and off after every bump. By the time I got home the battery was almost dead. In now keep the little instruction card with me all the time.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:58 PM
jimw411
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately program an override code, the proceedure is in the manual. Also in the back of the manual there is a card you can pull out and keep with you or the bike that tells you how to put it into travel mode and also use the override code. I keep my alarm info card with my registration and insurance card in a zip loc bag taped to the inside of the fuse cover. I didn't write the code number on it for odvious reasons, i just picked a number i'd remember.
BTW my wifes '07 dyna had the battery go dead in the key fob and i went to ride it and the alarm wouldn't stop going off in the driveway. I just went and got the extra keys, and i was good to go, but i had been on the road i would have needed to use the override code.