Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 DYNA pic w/ pipes, bars, tank lift!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 10:05 AM
rickshog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 DYNA pic w/ pipes, bars, tank lift!!

Thanks fellas... Ill try to answer all the questions. The bars are WO501's from wild one. A bit of a pain to install but def worth the effort. BTW... Everything on the bike was installed by me and my father. The exaust was def a lot easier to install than anything else pretty much but I used the PCIII and while the download for the new setup is good.... Getting that big hunk buried in the bike was a true test of patience. One of the O2 sensors was a real pain to get out. Wound up stripping the last thread on one of them but with the PCIII it doesnt even use the O2 sensors so I just screwed it back into the new pipes as best I could and it held up nice. I also lowered the bike with rear shocks from progressive. Easy install... just make sure you take all the weight off the rear of the bike. As for the tank lift.. I made it myself out of a couple of handles from ball valves (gottum from work). I went with 2.75" center to center on the holes then I used 3/8" stainless tubing to make a spacer for the top of the bracket so that the tank tabs wont crush together. Also changed the crossover fuel line to make that happen. And finally yes those are stock wheels not chromed musta been a good pic. Well thanks for your comments guys.. Ill get some pics up of the bars..
Rick

Name:  IMG_1388.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  112.9 KB
Name:  IMG_1383.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  70.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1385.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  57.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1382.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  79.0 KB

Old 04-30-2006, 03:01 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if any of you are looking for simpler solution to the bars. Thats if you like the drag bars. you can just get a set of 3" risers from HD, and the drag bars from HD. total is 150.00
no changing of any cables or lines. looks pretty good and gives you an excellent seating position of the bike. I also went with the PCIII. It is difficult to get it to fit. I actually put mine underneath the seat. Fits perfect there and I can now adjust it pretty easy from there. No popping or anything works great. Hey rick where did you get the AC cover.

Old 04-30-2006, 03:17 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it looks great,.... yeah those wheels sure looked chrome with that shine. That big radius has got to be the best looking setup that I have seen on the Dynas. Did you run your bike much with the factory setup? If so did you see a noticable power increase when ya put on the Big Radius, A/C, and PCIII? I also like the look of that raised tank,......not sure if I will attempt that myself but I might have that done at my local independant bike shop. It really makes the engine stand out.

John

Old 04-30-2006, 05:43 PM
bronk
Road Master

Damn that bike is the ticket.Cant wait for my Fire Pearl Red 06 Dyna to come home.May 15th I pick her up.Day after I get home from Iraq and see my family.I think I may explode............too much excitment

Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

I think the Dyna SB and SG are the best looking bikes that harley has. You can customize them yourself and they are way cheaper than a lot of the other bikes harley has. I really love the lines that the dynas have. Yes the big Radius is a bad *** pipe. I have then on my SG. I didnt notice much of an increase in performance though. I have the PCIII and AC with the Big Radius. I thing the true duals lack performance of the other pipes, but they do indeed make up for it in sex appeal and sound believe me. Where ever I go I get all kinds of people asking about the pipes.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:18 PM
tomv8541
Novice

RICKSHOG did you use the stock cables....and if so do you have plenty of length?

Old 04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
tomv8541
Novice

One more thing, if you like the tank lift, you can find the kit at jp cycles for around 60 bucks

Old 04-30-2006, 10:09 PM
rickshog
Tourer

Ok... does the bike have more power now... hmmm maybe a little more... But the cool factor just shot out the window.... As for the cables. Yes they are all stock but you have to move the tank back and get to the wiring harness to actually remove the pins from the connectors to run them through the bars then put them back together. Yes its pretty involved.. And you do have to strech the wires a tiny bit but there is extra in the frame. The worst part is getting those big a$$ grommits back in the frame. mcurry5 has a great point. The drag bars would have been alot easier and cheaper. But I like um so....

Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: rickshog

Ok... does the bike have more power now... hmmm maybe a little more... But the cool factor just shot out the window.... As for the cables. Yes they are all stock but you have to move the tank back and get to the wiring harness to actually remove the pins from the connectors to run them through the bars then put them back together. Yes its pretty involved.. And you do have to strech the wires a tiny bit but there is extra in the frame. The worst part is getting those big a$$ grommits back in the frame. mcurry5 has a great point. The drag bars would have been alot easier and cheaper. But I like um so....
What part did you use for the Speedo mount? We need to move my brother's...we put risers and different bars on, but the Speedo just sticks way up in the air now.

Bike looks nice!

Old 05-01-2006, 01:44 AM
kjriv
Road Warrior

congrats Rickshog...that is one SWEET ride.

Quick Reply: 06 DYNA pic w/ pipes, bars, tank lift!!