Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tool Kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
ssls6
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Zip ties, a Phillips screwdriver, allen wrench for the seat, & multitool.

I think it's important to be able to remove the seat and battery cover. Zip ties to hold stuff together and a multitool so you have a knife and pliers.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 PM
hprather
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You all are great! Some helpful ideas about what gear to carry and how to carry the gear in these posts.

Thanks to each of you---Hugh

Last edited by hprather; 03-25-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made up a tool kit to carry on longer rides and trips... Havent had to use it since i've made it this winter and the riding season just started but i got a cheap fork/tool bag and plan on mounting it on the front lower frame rails or on the left rear swingarm... A few wrenches, multi tool, e-tape, zip ties, allen, torx, and screw driver

Old 03-25-2009, 01:29 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by JaronB
Here's the tool roll I got! I haven't had to use it yet, but it comes with everything you need. The flashlight in it is a POS and swapped it out with a mini mag, but it fits perfect in a tool bag. It's windzone tool roll and put in a standard harley fork bag and mounted it to the bottom of the frame!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Windz...Q5fAccessories
Looks like a good little kit for the money. Half the price of the Cruz tools and looks like twice as many tools. And seems to fit nicely in the tool bag. I think I'll order one but add a Co2 tire repair kit.

So far the only thing I've had to use on any of my bikes was some type of wrench to tighten a loose bolt or battery cable. And the Co2 tire filler.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
roadkillvespa
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a bit of a thing about toolkits and like to carry enough tools to be able to do pretty much everything I need to on the bike.

Sooo...I carry a set of AF combination ring/open end spanners,an AF folding allen set,a full set of torx bits,2 philips bits,2 slot bits and bit driver,mulititool,few 3/8 sockets,3/8 ratchet,C spanner,19mm 1/2 socket for front spindle nut,28mm 1/2 socket for back spindle,3/8 to 1/2 converter with T bar hole and 2 1/2 extensions to make long T bar so I can actually undo the spindle nuts!,as many spare nuts and bolts and zip ties as I can cram in,weighs a ton!
I usually carry a small punture repair outfit in my jacket pocket and if I going on a trip and have the bags on I'll take a spare innertube too,19 in can be used front or rear in an emergency and a hand pump.

I carry everything in this

Seems overkill but if you had every tried to call a breakdown service in some parts of Scotland you'd know why.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
00ICUR12
Advanced

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, and I always carry, is a spare taillight and headlight bulb.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 PM
evesweater
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roadkillvespa,
I like the canister. I was actually holding up my maglite flashlight up to the bike today in the same spot thinking that style would look cool, if I could find the tubing and match it on both sides.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:14 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by frankjake
Looks like a good little kit for the money. Half the price of the Cruz tools and looks like twice as many tools. And seems to fit nicely in the tool bag. I think I'll order one but add a Co2 tire repair kit.

So far the only thing I've had to use on any of my bikes was some type of wrench to tighten a loose bolt or battery cable. And the Co2 tire filler.
Yea I removed a couple pieces that I wouldn't need. It came with two different size spark plug sockets, so got rid of the one I didn't need. Came with an extra bulb and took it out. I'll pack it when I go on long rides. It may be a tight squeeze for the CO2 tire patch kit, but I have an 11" bag. You might be able to make it work. If you got the 12" fork bag it should work great. My fork bag was $24 at Harley so it's worth a shot, you can always return it.

Last edited by JaronB; 03-25-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:03 AM
roadkillvespa
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by evesweater
Roadkillvespa,
I like the canister. I was actually holding up my maglite flashlight up to the bike today in the same spot thinking that style would look cool, if I could find the tubing and match it on both sides.
The canister is actually an operators manual holder for a tractor !
I have two and tried one on each side but the right hand one was just a bit close to the exhaust.

My canisters came from the USA and are available from a company called Agrisupply for $4.99.
http://www.agrisupply.com/manual-can...900088/c2c/sc/