Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results - Bassani Pro Streets

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 04:42 PM
16over
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Results - Bassani Pro Streets

I just got the bike bike from having it run on the dyno after installing the Bassani Pro Street pipes.

I had it run after I first got it the bike, with the following: 95"kit, SE II's. The results were 84.54HP, 85.91 Torque
Name:  DynoSEIIs.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  31.8 KB

The run they did yesterday was after I installed the ProStreet's. The results were 89.95HP, 88.42 Torque
Name:  DynoBassani.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  35.3 KB

Now the bad news. I put the pipes on and rode about 30 miles home, 15 miles to the dealer, dyno'd, then 20 miles or so on the way home, started running like crap. Got to checking and the exhaust flange on the front pipe had worked its way loose and down to the O2 sensor where it must have ridden for a few miles because I now have 2 pretty good marks on my new pipes, which upsets me a little. (OK ALOT). The bad thing is that I was going to check tightness of everything after I got home because we are going on a pretty good ride tomorrow.

So everyone please learn from my mistake and check tightness of new installs quite often until you know everything is going to stay tight. Because it really puts a damper on your day. Thanks for listening, the girlfriend just doesn't understand quite as much as you all do!!

OK now does anyone know how to cover up scratches on black ceramic coated pipes and not have it look like crap! lol

Old 04-29-2006, 06:27 PM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dyno Results - Bassani Pro Streets

16OVER, as you can see from my signature I have the same pipes and after about 20 miles mine came loose as well. I think it the fact the pipes have to be tweaked a bit to fit may be the reason the flange worked itself loose. I just took 50cent locking nuts and solved the problem. 500 miles later the pipes are as tight as ever. Although I shake the header pipe once and a while just to make sure. How do you like the sound? Sweet huh. Did you also get the shields? I headerwrapped mine instead of the sheilds

Old 04-29-2006, 06:44 PM
16over
Road Master

I absolutely love the sound! I don't have the heat shields, but I might have to do something to cover up the scratches. Do you have any pics with the with the header wrap? Did you get the black ceramic coating?

Old 04-29-2006, 09:42 PM
JedWele
Novice

Very nice A/F ratio , what map did you run/ how was it tuned?

Old 04-30-2006, 01:40 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The black ProStreets look awesome! How loud are they? I know "loud" is a very subjective term but any input would be helpful. Particularly if you can compare them to V&H or Samson.