Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009 | 09:29 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

i have a seat like that and i hate the damn thing it pushes me forward to the point where it hurtz my nutz

Old 03-26-2009 | 10:18 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sumpnut
I bought the same seat for my 07 street bob and for all the same reasons as you..and I think its one of the best standard seats..for rider comfort and looks ...
How did you get the strap (grab handle) attached to the seat? Can't seem to find anywhere to attach it to other than the fender under the seat...

Old 03-26-2009 | 10:34 AM
r00k
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
How did you get the strap (grab handle) attached to the seat? Can't seem to find anywhere to attach it to other than the fender under the seat...
I usually attach grab handles to the bottom of my parts boxes

Old 03-26-2009 | 02:10 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by 07bobber
i have a seat like that and i hate the damn thing it pushes me forward to the point where it hurtz my nutz
You must have big nuts, LOL...

Old 03-26-2009 | 04:51 PM
dpriest
Road Master

Bike looks awesome dude. Strap attaches to the fender. There should be a hole already there. Call me in 2-3 weeks when your ready to ride.
Enjoy the seat.

Old 03-27-2009 | 07:49 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Are you sure it's not actuallythe Reach seat? They look similar and push you forward.

I had one of the Lowrider seats and although I do like the look, found it uncomfortable.

The WideGlide seat looks good and is more comfortable for me....mine is shaved a little so it's not as thick as stock.

Old 03-27-2009 | 10:09 AM
Kockdiesel
Tourer
Thumbs up

Thanks. I just brought it to a local place that does metal coating and finishing and had it done in wrinkle black (same as on the stock coating on the center console on the FXDB). Looks better than paint and lasts alot longer, sort of like a plastic textured coating in appearance.. Cost like $25 or $30 to get done. I am in NY and used Action Powdercoating..
Thanks

Old 04-01-2009 | 03:32 PM
zombiesawyer
Intermediate

i have a 09 street bob and just installed the lowrider seat but i don't care for it. i'm actualy looking for an different seat. i liked my stock seat but i need a 2up. i don't like how the lowrider seat pushes you forward.

Old 04-02-2009 | 10:30 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by zombiesawyer
i have a 09 street bob and just installed the lowrider seat but i don't care for it. i'm actualy looking for an different seat. i liked my stock seat but i need a 2up. i don't like how the lowrider seat pushes you forward.
You know, after riding the bike with the seat on for about 100+ miles, I am starting to feel the same way. My legs are a bit cramped since they are closer to the pegs now. There are placed that do upholstery work, that can reform the seat to make it position you further back (by removing foam at the rear). May consider that if price is not too much. In the meantime, just ordered an old school looking seat which may not be the most comfortable, or the most attractive to all, but I really dig the look personally and it will not push me forward at all:

Old 04-02-2009 | 10:45 AM
Slipstrm
Road Master

You know, after riding the bike with the seat on for about 100+ miles, I am starting to feel the same way. My legs are a bit cramped since they are closer to the pegs now. There are placed that do upholstery work, that can reform the seat to make it position you further back (by removing foam at the rear). May consider that if price is not too much. In the meantime, just ordered an old school looking seat which may not be the most comfortable, or the most attractive to all, but I really dig the look personally and it will not push me forward at all:

Man you have great taste in seats!

Quick Reply: New Seat