Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat question, Looking for input...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 AM
mmient
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Seat question, Looking for input...

I recently purchased a Mustang Vintage Solo seat for my 2007 FXDL. I wanted to replace the stock seat because it put pressure on my tailbone. Other than that, the stock seat has the right height and distance from the footpegs for me. The new seat is quite comfortable, except it puts me up higher and back a bit too far. I'm looking for a seat that will put me down into the bike without moving me back (and still be comfortable). I really like the feel of the seating position without the seat. Anyone have a similar experience and found something that has the "scoop" in the tailbone area, that sits lower, and doesn't move you back too far? I've searched the forums and found tons of info, but I'm looking for a similar comparison. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:27 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Visit meancitycycles.com. They are site sponsers. He can take your new Mustang and make it conform to your needs. It will be a lot cheaper than guessing and buying seats you hope will fit the bill.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:47 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Check out HD's Custom Sidekick. It's VERY comfortable and of the 4 seats I have, this is the one I like the best. The only thing is that it isn't a solo seat, but the back part is narrow so it flows nicely with my bike.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
cadore
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John got it right.... I am now on my 4th seat, started with a badlander. Got rid of my mustang wide vintage for the same reason, you want to. I had the badlander (sucked), C and C fastback (looked good but hurt my tail bone), Mustang wide (love the comfort hated the ride position) now I now have a Mustang Day Tripper it lowered me, and pushed me back just right. I have yet to get a chance to ride more than 100 miles at a time with it, but so far its been good. I do prefer the solo look, so if anyone with a solo tripper, is lookin to swap for a two up tripper let me know :-)

Old 03-22-2009, 03:22 PM
mmient
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I'll probably look into meancitycycles.com. They look pretty reasonable. I really like the feel of the seat, sans height and distance from pegs. I almost fell like I'm reaching to hold on...

Old 03-22-2009, 03:44 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Seat

A lot of folks will say it isn't true but forward controls roll my back so that I sit more on my tailbone than my butt. That's why I stay with the mid controls even though the forwards look better and have more ground clearance in the corners. What are yours ?