Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynos for Dynas

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:18 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of baffles do those pipes have? You need some back pressure for the street. Maybe install some lollipops (bolt w/washer) in the pipe ends to get pack pressure.

Find another shop also.

When I had mine done a few years ago, it was on the dyno for about hour & 1/2 and they only charged me for an hour. My bike is carbed and from what I've been told it usually takes longer to tune FI bikes than carbs but they don't get their hands full of gas from changing jets.

My 88" w/AN Big Sucker, Yost Power tube, Cycle Shack slip-ons makes 69 hp and 77 tq.

Originally Posted by SBRob
Yea, the numbers don't really bother me as much as the excessive popping/backfiring with the multi fit SE round backing plate. I "assumed" that the dyno tuning would have smoothed that out...what bothers me is the fact I was charged for 2.6 hrs when the actual time in the dyno booth was not more than one hour and the bike is popping (imo) excessively.

I'm not much of a wrench turner, but I still think there might be an air leak in the multi fit gasket/backing plate (which I mentioned at the dealer), since I didn't have all that popping going on with the other SE backing plate thats designed for the '08-'09 Dyna.

I spent over $700.00 at this dealer for the Zippers filter, SERT and dyno tuning and imo, the popping/backfiring shouldn't be happening.....

Rant over.................

Old 04-02-2009, 12:52 PM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Here is mine for my 95" build. Not bad for my first try if I have to say so myself.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPER01
What type of baffles do those pipes have? You need some back pressure for the street. Maybe install some lollipops (bolt w/washer) in the pipe ends to get pack pressure.

Find another shop also.

When I had mine done a few years ago, it was on the dyno for about hour & 1/2 and they only charged me for an hour. My bike is carbed and from what I've been told it usually takes longer to tune FI bikes than carbs but they don't get their hands full of gas from changing jets.

My 88" w/AN Big Sucker, Yost Power tube, Cycle Shack slip-ons makes 69 hp and 77 tq.
The BCT QQ's would hookem up right, I know.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:45 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,293 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPER01

Find another shop also.

I'm runnin' the V&H quiet baffles, which should help add a little more backpressure than the standard bafles.

I talked to the service mngr at length with the popping/backfiring issues as well as being overcharged for an hour and a half. The bikes going back in tomorrow morning to be checked out...hopefully it will all be resolved.

Last edited by SBRob; 04-02-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wafu321
Here is mine for my 95" build. Not bad for my first try if I have to say so myself.

I had a build tuned there in the past...very knowledgable guy & a great tuner! Found a real good one closer to me though, the 3-4 hour drive to HP Express trailoring the bike sucked (too far to ride an untuned build)!

Old 04-02-2009, 04:31 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those are incredible #s for a 95" build. I noticed you didn't give us any details about what it took to get there though........

Old 04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Being a dyno tuner, it troubles me to see some of these dyno sheets and to see what other tuners are doing to there customers.
I agree, I am glad that my tuner gave me both SAE and STD along with the AFR. Nothing to hide.

Originally Posted by sniper77
Those are incredible #s for a 95" build. I noticed you didn't give us any details about what it took to get there though........
I agree, very similar to mine. What are the specs of the build?

Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

This is exactly what I am talking abot, sure your numbers are impressive, BUT YOU ARE BEING UPED by your tuner, these numbers are in STD MOD, not applicalble in the United States, these are European umbers, take away about 3% to get to the U.S. unit of measure, your at about 99 H.P. Look at the right side of your sheet, where it says STD horsepower, that should be SAE horsepower. Not to mention that your timing is way off, those lines you have are NOWHERE near smooth, they are wavy as hell, I would NEVER let a bike out of my shop with lines that looked like that, it makes me wonder if they even tuned it with air fuel or just threw a canned map in it and guve you a dyno run. No offense, your bike is by far impressive, but with a proper tune, it has the potential to be so much more.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:38 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 274 Posts

103 with some Head Quarters stuff...

Attached Thumbnails Dynos for Dynas-103-final-dyno.jpg  

Last edited by sharkey; 04-02-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: wrong attachment
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkey
103 with some Head Quarters stuff...
Nice build sharkey...that's what a 103 is supposed to produce! Seems like a good portion of the 103's on here are either equal or slightly less than my 95! Great fu**in job!

Quick Reply: Dynos for Dynas