Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AVON STORMs on a DYNA

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:56 AM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ko4qc
What tire did you change from?...When I changed from the Dunlop to the Metzeler I am running now,I experienced the same thing...instead of the bike 'fighting me' to come back upright,it would lay in a turn,like you said,almost too easy...definately took getting used to ...I am well pleased with the Metzelers but just wanting to compare them to an AVON...thanks
I changed from the stock Dunlop K591. I rode about a hundred miles yesterday and am now 'used to' the Avon handling differently than the Dunlop. I'm tempted to replace the front tire as well, even though it has another several thousand miles left in it. I put Metzelers on my last Dyna and was very happy with them, just wanted to give Avon a try this time.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:20 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by murphdog
Avon doesn't make a Storm that'll fit the front and they don't recommend a radial in the front anyway. AM41 Venom is their recommended front for a Dyna.
Resurrection of a dead thread...but this might answer my question...

Anything wrong with slapping a Storm (radial) on the back rim with my stock Dunlop (bias) still up front?

Old 06-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

You can put a Radial on the back and bias on the front, it is common practice. I do not like mixing and matching tire brands, but that may be just me. I went to the Pirelli Night Dragons, front and rear are both Bias, and hug the road. You can not compare them to the crappy Dunlops. Not even in the same league!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:47 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gommee
You can put a Radial on the back and bias on the front, it is common practice. I do not like mixing and matching tire brands, but that may be just me. I went to the Pirelli Night Dragons, front and rear are both Bias, and hug the road. You can not compare them to the crappy Dunlops. Not even in the same league!
I'll have the indie quote me a front Venom too. I'm not trying to be cheap by mixing tires, but I don't want to replace a perfectly good front tire if there's nothing wrong with mixing the combo that I mentioned.