Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT/PC/Fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009 | 10:45 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

I use the FuelPak and have had no trouble (although others have). It's the most affordable of the three and as long as you aren't going to do any major engine mods you'll probably be good. You can get the maps for your set-up off the V&H website. It's basically a plug and ride. I don't have an alarm and getting it to fit under the seat was still tricky so if you do have one you may want to consider that as well. I'm tearing the engine apart next winter so looks like a SERT is in my future.

Old 03-18-2009 | 10:54 PM
r00k
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by guzzishop
One more thing to consider about the FuelPak--I've heard that a defective FuelPak can fry the ECM (engine control module). Then you'd be looking to buy a new ECM and either a SERT or Power Commander. That would really suck!

I seem to remember that this was only the first gen of the fuelpak...

But I'll let you know if mine fries my ECU

Old 03-18-2009 | 11:06 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

As an option check out the Dobeck fuel management system. I've installed a few and they are easy to dial in and work great. http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

Ron

Old 03-19-2009 | 12:15 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

If your really looking to save how about you get XIED's and just a K&N replacement filter for the stock air cleaner. So you give up 2 or 3 HP over the whole intake- tuner scenario. The xied's will richen up the bike and the K&N will allow it to breath better. You can probably purchase the xied's and air cleaner for about the same as a SE stage1 intake.
Bike will behave better and your not out too much $$$$.

Old 03-19-2009 | 02:22 AM
arnold
Road Master

I went with PCIII USB and couldnt be happier. For now just get the PCIII and one of their (Fuel Moto)air cleaners, I was low on money and went that way and even with stock pipes I got a real good performance boost, added pipes and I will continue to make upgrades as I go, Fuel Moto will give you a new map and help ypu fine tune with every upgrade you make. With that set up you can add the accelerator pump at race setting to give you even more.

http://fuelmotousa.com/home.htm
They are a sponsor on this site as well.

Old 03-19-2009 | 04:29 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I use SERT dosn't stay on the bike and allows for engine mods with proper tunning. The problem is finding a tuner we are lucky in Dallas we have three I know of thanks to this site.

Old 03-19-2009 | 05:44 AM
Toplink
Cruiser

I use the FuelPak and have had no trouble so far. but here are some things I learned,
with V&H short shoots I have some decell pop I have heard it's the pipes that cuse this. I have called V&H tec and read that changing the code 23 to 50 would help but but after trying that still had decell pop. The install is somewhat tricky but if you are patience it tucks in ok (no alarm) How well it runs well I have ride with friends 03 SG big bor kit dynoed over 5 grand of work, 03 WG V&H big shoots coil upgrade 7000 rpm and the biks all pull hard and run good. Bottom line there always be upgrads in the future but for now fulepack works ok. Always check back with the guys here for info.

Old 03-19-2009 | 08:57 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master

Unlike some of the tuners available on the market, the PCIII allows for both a fuel delivery change and ignition timing change. Go to a mechanic that has lots of experience with tuning the PCIII. I found the canned maps and maps I got from others did not work that well. I picked up horsepower and torque after a good dyno tune. I had picked up a few ponies before with the Stage 1 download and new slipons and AC.

In this month's AIM, Donny has an article about the CVO 110's problems. Toward the end of the article he talks about the different kinds of of aftermarket systems to work around the issue with the lean condition on most Harleys these days. It's a good and informative read.