Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing fairing on a Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:14 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tt408
So this batwing has the smaller headlight opening? I know the ones others were putting on had a big opening for the headlight. When you get a chance post more pics of it outside. WHich one did you wind up getting, part number MEM7081? Your pics looks like the head light is sealed all the way around.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
tt408
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it has the smaller opening for the head light. It is not sealed around the light. It has about a 1/4 in gap all the way around. We just got a snow storm here last night so it going to be a while till it goes outside. Dennis Kirk Part #: 233640
Manufacturer Part #: MEM7081

Old 03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Speedhitter
Cruiser

Looks good! I just ordered the Memphis Shades for my 01 FXDXT. Luckily my bike is black so painting required. I'll post pics when it is installed. Also ordered the hogtunes stereo with it.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:08 PM
dsiltman
Cruiser

Thanks for the pics tt408 now I know what it will look like on my Lowrider. Looks good on there.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are TONS of fairly recent threads on adapting Memphis Shades' Batwing to Dynas.
The basic information in this thread is not inaccurate, but way out of date.

Here's an album of photos on my Batwing conversion. I designed some custom brackets and
had a local indy who was the MS dealer make them up for about the same price as MS'
standard brackets. They use HD quick release clamps so unlike MS' system, it all comes off
in a flash.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23622558

Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Really nice work there, Mike ... I like the mini-bullet front turn signals, too ....

Old 03-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Metal_Head75
Cruiser

I've been following with interest the info about the MS batwing dyna fairing.. I like my FXD alot, but commute to work with it and ride everywhere else and want the wind protection in cold mornings and of course the music capability.

Will this fairing with the hogtunes radio work with my speedo and tach mounted on the handlebar clamp? I was wondering if anyone has this setup on their narrow glide FXD.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

I spent almost nine weeks on an '11 Street while my FXDF was in the shop. As this was the worst part of the winter, the blocking a bit of the wind to my hands was welcome but there was so much uncomfortable head buffeting that I found myself not wanting a batwing or windshield at all. (I've never had one on a bike before; I know if it were MY bike there were adjustments/changes I could make, but really I didn't see enough advantage to tempt me.)

Old 03-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, I rode about 250 miles yesterday on both 75mph superslab and secondary roads
with what I would call light, but gusty crosswinds on most of the ride.

The over all turbulence was much less than I would have experienced with a windshield
under the same conditions and at very high speeds the buffeting and noise is hardly more
than at highway cruise.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:20 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 39,809 Likes on 13,469 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Horrell
There are TONS of fairly recent threads on adapting Memphis Shades' Batwing to Dynas.
The basic information in this thread is not inaccurate, but way out of date.

Here's an album of photos on my Batwing conversion. I designed some custom brackets and
had a local indy who was the MS dealer make them up for about the same price as MS'
standard brackets. They use HD quick release clamps so unlike MS' system, it all comes off
in a flash.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23622558

Very nice,is that a 7 inch headlight? I'm not giving up my fatboy headlight!

Attached Thumbnails Batwing fairing on a Dyna?-lg-phone-pics-019.jpg  

Quick Reply: Batwing fairing on a Dyna?