Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding tip for newbies and Experienced riders alike

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Rocket350
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if you are encountered with a deer at the last minute to put the hammer down and t-bone the deer.i was told you have a better chance of keeping the bike upright
Yes... I tried to do a controlled stop, and tried to swerve. I had no time, the deer jumped back in front. I knew I was going to hit the damn thing, so I got out of my lean and hit the deer strait center mass and t-boned it. I was probably doing 45 - 50 by the time I made contact. I kept the rubber side down.

The faster you hit the deer, the faster you will be flying over the handlebars, Bike hits deer bike stops...
I have to disagree. If I was going too slow, I probably would have laid it down. Physics; a moving Harley outweights a deer. If I had hit the terminator, I would have been thrown (and he would have taken the bike to save John Conner). The deer wrapped around the trees, and was tossed a good distance because I was slowing down and the deer slowed me down when I made contact. But just for the record, I am in Florida. The deer are a lot smaller that the ones in New Hampshire.

Best thing to do in any crash is try to avoid it and slow down as much as possible if possible
Uhm, yeah. 2nd that one!! But you can't get new free Chrome lower fork tubes that way!!!

Also - if you crash by avoiding an animal, it is your fault. If you hit the animal, its NOT your fault.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Shizims
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As my driving instructor told me "Look for the gaps, not the cars".