Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**FXD SUPERglides**

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018 | 03:11 PM
oubronco
Tourer

Anyone have a pic of they're Superglide with 14" Santee bars?

Old 02-16-2018 | 07:09 AM
Tileman2692
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tileman2692
My newly purchased FXDI35. Stock right now, and just for the time being.
Bought a different seat with pillion, and a Slammer kit for her , will post up dated pics later.

Old 02-16-2018 | 11:15 PM
WHS
Tourer

Lovely bike. Enjoy.
Be careful with that fork bag. It has been my experience that they foul the front fender, there's not a lot of clearance there......

The following users liked this post:
Tileman2692 (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018 | 01:27 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Old 04-10-2018 | 06:39 AM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Default The story of my Superglide

So my family and i had just relocated to central Alabama from midwest Ohio for my job. The weather is BEAUTIFUL and there are bikes everywhere. I couldn't take it any longer! I had been eyeing street bobs for years ( literally since they came out when i was in high school ). So the hunt was on. I looked at multiple dealers in the area, test rode probably a dozen combinations of Street Bobs, Fat Bobs, Wide Glides and Low Riders but never a plain jane FXD. I'll get to that shortly.

Then one Sunday afternoon in Decatur, AL i found 'it'. A 2006 Street Bob. Denim black, chrome everywhere, windshield, vance and hines short shots, leather bags, it literally had it all. I rode it for 9 miles and was sold. I came back and told the salesman that i wanted it. After a few minutes of back and forth we settled on a fair out the door price. $8,200 give or take.... now here's where this gets interesting. From the first moment we started talking money I told him that i could not have the cash in hand until the next day. I explained the situation, I just moved 600 miles away and the nearest US bank was in Nashville. The plan was to get to the bank early ( 2 hour drive from my home ), get the cash, then make a B line to Decatur to buy the bike, then spend the rest of the day riding. After a bunch of smiles and a FIRM handshake i headed home for the day. Not so fast....

I was en route from nashville with $9,000 in hand. ( I had full intentions of gearing up before i rode off ). Then the phone rang. It was the salesman. "Uh, man. Brother, I'm so sorry but someone just came in and bought that bike." I was livid! I asked him how that's even possible, i thought we ironed out the details last night? his response? " Well, brother, we need to take a deposit to hold a bike overnight." That was it. Not one time did anyone ever suggest i leave a deposit. Which would have been totally cool had someone brought it to my attention! I was furious! They knew i was furious. At the end of the day it was just miscommunication. But that didn't fix anything....

Weeks went by, i had all but given up hope. Riding season was in full swing so good deals were few and far between. Then something amazing, and life changing happened! I got a voicemail one afternoon from the sales manager at the dealership that i had previously dealt with. He said they just brought back a trailer full of bikes from an auction and that he had something for me that they would make a good deal on. A bone stock 2004 FXD. To say i was displeased was an understatement. I'd never looked at a superglide. To me it was just a slightly bigger sportster. I didnt want that. I thought whatever, i havent been up there in a few weeks. ill check it out. When i got there, the manager was waiting on me and gave me the run down. It's an auction bike from NC. 31k miles, stock everything. I threw a leg over and took it for the same 9 mile ride I had been on before. Although this bike had close to 0 creature comforts for some reason it hooked me. The feeling of raw power. The lack of windshield. The way this baby cornered! I loved it. I wanted this bike. The manager was waiting on me in the show room....

We sat down and I told him that, " I kinda liked it." Then he said that our failed deal on the street bob left such a bad taste in his mouth that, if i wanted it, this FXD could be mine for what they had in it. Auction invoice + tires and a battery. A hair over $4k out the door! Sold, Sold, Sold. Even after everything i've done to her in the years i've owned her, i'm still in it for less than what that street bob would have cost me. Not, to mentioned i've learned a whole lot more customizing it myself than i would have if i had bought a finished product.

What i'm getting at is, The moto gods had a plan for me. I was always meant to ride a superglide.

and the next time someone asks about your "sportster", hit em' with this.

Attached Thumbnails **FXD SUPERglides**-s-l1000.jpg   **FXD SUPERglides**-0224181150.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by brownie4412:
Antonio Balls (04-23-2018), damager1 (07-23-2018)
Old 04-10-2018 | 04:50 PM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior

I hear you brownie, out of the bikes I have owned my Super Glide has always stayed my favorite! for handling and just plain having fun on

Old 04-11-2018 | 04:29 AM
AlamGir
Intermediate
Default lovely thread Here is mine

wow. so many wonderful dynas. just bumped into this thread now and all the builds are so amazing. everyone is unique.
i wanna share mine too. it is a 2013 FXDC and recently i turned it into a tourer since i cant afford one. lol
and being in india its difficult sourcing the parts and hell expensive too. have a look at it and enjoy.

The following users liked this post:
Antonio Balls (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018 | 05:58 PM
Kidcarbon
5th Gear
Default 1st nice ride here in NH

Old 04-23-2018 | 08:41 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Just put new cams in my '02 & decided to sprinkle just a bit of retro stank on 'er, while I was at it.

Attached Thumbnails **FXD SUPERglides**-new-1.jpg   **FXD SUPERglides**-new-5a.jpg   **FXD SUPERglides**-new-6.jpg   **FXD SUPERglides**-new-9a.jpg   **FXD SUPERglides**-new-8.jpg  

Old 04-24-2018 | 01:22 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Guess I can post in here now...my 98 FXD project, picked it up from a friend who was involved in an accident with it, breathing some life back into it. My first foray into something that isn't a fuel-injected twin cam...

Attachment 620175

Had to swap forks with my spare 39mm front end and take off the fender to get it rolling, still needs some TLC but should be a fun little backup bike when I'm done...

Quick Reply: **FXD SUPERglides**