Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**FXD SUPERglides**

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012 | 06:03 PM
jaysledge
Tourer

Originally Posted by CavalryVet
Here is a bad shot of my bike I took with the iPhone tonight. I'm waiting on a few parts to get in this week - side mount plate and head lamp.

Just out of curiosity, does it seem like there are a lot of really tasteless SGCs and SGC parts out there? I'm surprised they don't sell fuzzy dice or naked women mud flaps for us at gas stations. It's like people will just buy anything and put it on their bike (no one in particular on this forum, just what I see around).
I had the fuzzy dice but Texas DPS made me take them off for safety reasons. Naked women mud flaps, I want a set!!!!!

Old 03-15-2012 | 07:22 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Default superglides

Great looking bikes. I didn't like blacked-out rides at first, but so many have looked so good that I've changed my mind. Still love my chrome, but would love to have a 2nd bike that I could black-out and have both.

Just did some minor mods this today.

Replaced pillow seat with the stock original (didn't like the way the pillow seat sat - pushed me forward and up).

Engine guard

Removed Kuryakin ISO Passenger Boards (didn't like the look) and replaced with HD pegs.

Previous mods: HD forwards, HD Quick-detache Windshield, Kuryakin ISO Boards (driver), HD cargo rack, relocated signals to rear (looking to add saddlebags)

Future mods: 14" Apes, Wideglide front end (5 degree rake), rear lowering shocks (haven't decided which ones yet), 21" front wheel, various other minor chrome additions.

Still need performance upgrades. Just need the cash.

Before/After:**FXD SUPERglides**-2006-superglide-3.jpg

**FXD SUPERglides**-dsc00680.jpg

**FXD SUPERglides**-dsc00682.jpg

**FXD SUPERglides**-dsc00678.jpg

**FXD SUPERglides**-dsc00683.jpg

Old 03-15-2012 | 09:55 PM
Mr.Guns
Road Captain

I don't know if I've posted mine in this thread or not... Just in case!

Okay, just kidding... Here's my scoot!

Old 03-29-2012 | 03:16 AM
Carsten
Advanced

New Sig picture after this years first ride in Norway...

Old 05-02-2012 | 02:46 PM
68merlin
6th Gear

really nice bikes on here

Old 08-06-2012 | 10:11 AM
risdo
Road Captain

Update. Painted the rough metal areas on my front wheel last week. With a brush and a can of Rustoleum. Haven't got to the rear wheel yet.

(don't look too close... I missed a few spots. Touched them up after this pic)

Old 08-06-2012 | 07:51 PM
BisbeeDyna
Tourer

Nice. I like the contrast.

Old 08-06-2012 | 08:10 PM
CobraEd
Tourer
Default I like the bagger look

Here Ya go:

Attached Thumbnails **FXD SUPERglides**-dscn0001.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012 | 12:16 AM
XjldX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by risdo
Update. Painted the rough metal areas on my front wheel last week. With a brush and a can of Rustoleum. Haven't got to the rear wheel yet.

(don't look too close... I missed a few spots. Touched them up after this pic)

That looks great! I plan on doing either that, or the exact opposite and leaving the rough part unpainted. But after seeing your bike, I'm definitely leaning toward this. Nice work!

Old 08-07-2012 | 07:21 AM
risdo
Road Captain

Thanks! I was considering painting the whole wheel black, like some others have done, but I decided that would be too much black, since I don't want to black out the engine or the fork sliders.

What has bugged me about those wheels, from the beginning, are those metal "webs" that go between the pairs of spokes. Don't ask me why. This solved that very nicely... for the price of a can of oil-based Rustoleum.

My daughter got mad 'cuz I stole one of her art brushes. But, hell, it ain't the first time...

Quick Reply: **FXD SUPERglides**