Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C reccommendations/help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:13 PM
crsowa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C reccommendations/help...

Alright, so I already put on my V&H Bigshots and now I need a new a/c and PC or fuelpack... I just don't know what combo I need... So, what I want to know is... what is the diff between stage I and stage II? Is one significantly better? What about the ness big sucker? I want the small rounder style or the cone style. Also, what about a Power commander or a fuelpack? which is better? I think you have to have them mapped for your particular bike/exhaust and a/c, right? Do I have to bring it in for all this, as I fairly sure I can install it all myself... thanks guys.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
MyBeerBelly
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have big shots with the big sucker and power commander 3 and couldnt be happier...i installed all myself ( very easy) and then got it dyno tuned and it runs and sounds mint. You do have to have it mapped based of what exhaust/ac you are using. The power commander has alot of tuning adjustment you can make, not sure about the fuel pack
J

Old 03-15-2009, 08:30 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a substantial difference between the Big Sucker I & II. The II is much larger. The PC is a better product in my mind, especially if you go with the PC5. I run the Big Sucker II and a PC5 and I love it.

Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
crsowa
Tourer

I'm also looking at the heavy breather...

Old 03-15-2009, 10:50 PM
yso191
Club Member

I went with the SE round A/C with a Zippers Maxflow filter which is touted as having 60% more filter area than the stock SE filter for greater air flow, and is washable with K&N products. I really like it, it obviously draws more air. The only drawback is that it moves the A/C cover out 3/4 over stock. I don't mind it but some might.

And yes, you'll want some kind of EFI remapping, or you'll be running way too lean and could hurt your bike with the extra heat. Many good products out there, it depends on your desire to tinker and your pockets. You'll have to do some significant research to come to your own conclusion. What I ended up with is the TTS MasterTune system. There is at least one thread active on this forum under the Tech area and Fuel Injection.

Steve

Last edited by yso191; 03-15-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:29 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I used the PC3 from Fuel Moto. They have a load of dyno pulled from bikes they worked on and can usually load a map of your combination. They set me up and it runs great.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:49 PM
70mach1
Road Master
Default ac

Mines a 2007 low rider 1584 cc ;
I used the PC3 Big Shoy Staggereds and Screamin Egle stage 1 AC kit .
I programed it myself with a lap top PC .
Runs and sounds great ...

Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Just ordered a PC-V for my bike from Fuel Moto, Jamie seems like a really good guy, havent talked much with him yet, but i cant wait to get the PC-V in..I have V&H Big Radius, Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather, and now the PC-V on the way..I think the PCIII or PC-V is better just because it is programmable and a far as I know the fuelpack is not V&H has to do it or something..I will be doing all this myself as well, the whole setup is pretty much plug and play just take your time and do it right...BTW FUEL MOTO Supports the PC-V on dynas from 04-08 and programs a map for ur bike Look into it, might aswell get the newest software right?

Old 03-16-2009, 12:36 AM
frankjake
Road Master

The reality is everyone has a different opinion on what is better or what you should get.

It took me a while to decide, reading many posts on here and other sites. It boils down to what YOU want and how much you want to spend will usually help you decide. Many people told me once I get what I want as far as exhaust and a/c, how much will I honestly need to "tune" the bike. Get it dyno'd after everything is installed and it's done.

I went with the HD super tuner, V&H big radius 2 into 1 and stage 1 a/c and then had it all dyno'd. I am extreamly happy with everything and wouldn't change a thing.

If you want to save a few bucks, find the exhaust you like, go with the stage 1 a/c (only $149) and have the dealer install a map which you can get thru the maker of the exhaust you decide to get. You can spend a fortune on "tuning" and "dyno'ing" but you probably aren't going to get much more out of it than the factory map from the exhaust company. Like I said, if you want to save a few bucks it would be a great place to start.