Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help -- Samson exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Blackwater
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help -- Samson exhaust

Need some opinion help from forum members. I am going to put pipes on my 2008 Street Bob as my last winter mod before this riding season. Was doing some research and came across these pipes made by Samson -- from their Extreme Series -- called Bone Shakers (part number E2-101). I was just about to go with Vance & Hines Short Shots when I came across these.

So I send an email to Samson and they said they'd work on Dynas and to call their number. So I call Samson, and the tech on the phone says there is no way they will work on Dynas and good thing I called before ordering. He claimed that as the Dyna is rubber mounted and these pipes are short and free floating, that they would just shake themselves apart. So my hopes for a different pipe were dashed.

But then I got yet another email from Samson -- this email came straight from the man Kenny Price himself -- the designer of Samson pipes and "The Godfather of Pipes". He said the tech was mistaken and they would work on a Dyna.

Now I'm torn. My budget is tight, so I don't want to spend a wad of cash on pipes and not be able to use them. Has anyone seen these Bone Shakers? Better yet, has anyone seen them on a Dyna? Anyone have any opinions on short, free floating pipes on our rubber mounted engine?

The Samson website is www.samsonusa.com. If you type in "Extreme Series" under their search they come up as Bone Shakers. They look great and as I haven't seen them on many Dynas I'd like to do it just to be different, but would like opinions.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would maybe call again and ask the same question..Yea it may sound like a stupid idea to do that but you might be able to get a different "Tech" that may know more or may help you out more..I honestly haven't seen those pipes on any of the newer dyna's. I've seen older styles that look like that as far as i remember..Also I dont think I would spend money unless I TRULY found out if they fit, and from what the website says 86-09 softail so me myself I dont think I would take the chance even if someone had said they would fit..I'd have to see some real evidence..Good Luck and I hope they do fit or you find a pipe you like

Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Interesting. A guy has those pipes that works at Gulf Coast H-D. On a 06+ dyna. Least they look exactly like em. Was wondering what they were.