Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost to reflash the ECM

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 08:33 AM
hard aground
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

$150 from my HD dealer a few weeks ago, part of their standard Stage 1 pkg.

Also my first EFI bike. Doesn't that stand for Endless F**king Investment ??

Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 AM
JohnAE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Papifun I would be interested in knowing what H-D changes for the money for the reprogram. If all they do is allow the engine to rev past the base limit then I don't care. Won't be pushing the base limit rpm anyway. On the H-D website they have a dyno chart which shows that just adding the SE aircleaner can significantly increase both HP and TQ ACROSS the rev range, that is if you reprogram the ECM. If the reprogram doesn't do anything other then raise the rev. limit then it wouldn't be worth it to me. Same goes for the PC-V. May or may not be changing the pipes. If there are pipes that really add power without being overly lowd then those would be for me.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 AM
doxbike
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnAE
Like Papifun I would be interested in knowing what H-D changes for the money for the reprogram. If all they do is allow the engine to rev past the base limit then I don't care. Won't be pushing the base limit rpm anyway. On the H-D website they have a dyno chart which shows that just adding the SE aircleaner can significantly increase both HP and TQ ACROSS the rev range, that is if you reprogram the ECM. If the reprogram doesn't do anything other then raise the rev. limit then it wouldn't be worth it to me. Same goes for the PC-V. May or may not be changing the pipes. If there are pipes that really add power without being overly lowd then those would be for me.

$200 here in SoCal. Woulda been $150 if I let them put on my muffs and A/C. As far as the muffs go, I just didn't quite want the loudness of the Rush (even the 1.75" like my friend has on his 88"), so I decided to go with the SE muffs and the Heavy Breather since I had a lot of VIP points at the dealer.

FWIW, before the parts and down load, my friend's Stage 1 88" would pull away from me- not much, but enough. Granted, I weigh @ 40# more than he does, so the bikes themselves were probably close. Since the download and parts, I walk away from him big time.

The Screamin' Eagle slip-ons are @ half way between stock and the 1.75" Rush in loudness, which was exactly where I wanted to be. I would have gone with the PC V if I was going to do any potential additional mods, but I'm not. I still have the VIED's from the Sporty, which I will put on after I get accustomed to how the present arrangement works. That combo served me well with the Sportster, allowing me to walk away from most of my friends with Stage 1 upgrades, carb'd and EFI. (In a straight line anyway)

Old 03-14-2009, 11:01 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by El Jinete Fantasma
I wish I could find those prices! I've been quoted everything from $200-250!
I think I paid $185 plus tax....so it came out just under 2 bills

Old 03-14-2009, 01:37 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wierd how no one is able to answer to what exactly the STAGE 1 download does other than maybe adjust the AFR and rev limit due to adding a AC that is sucking more are and keeping the EPA in specs for pollution control... so.. then would be better to add a PCV ..just my opionion, im no expert.. any feedback ? , one more thought.. so adding any aftermarket fuel mangement .. will it meet EPA specs to govt guidlines, or is this just like removing a catalyic converter on a car for better performance ??

Old 03-21-2009, 07:12 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

thornhammer, the download comes with the purchase of the stage 1 a/cleaner. dealers will install the a/cleaner and install the download for about 1 hr labor charge plus the 140.00 a/cleaner.