Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big City Thunder Monsters

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:03 AM
r00k
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BCTs are rapidly moving to the top of my to do list.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:54 AM
thomaskray
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should be a site sponsor and give us a discount like Haulen *** does.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you get a sound clip?

Old 03-13-2009, 10:01 AM
r00k
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Donny
It might just be me, but youtube sound clips just never cut it for exhaust. It just doesn't capture... something...

Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Lorance66
Road Master

Originally Posted by Donny

I suppose I could but I don't think it would show the true sound at all. I couldn't give you a before/after either unless I re-installed the stock baffles and although it is easy to do, I have too much to do otherwise at the house. Sorry man. However, trust me on this, if you currently have BR 2-2 pipes......just get the BCT's.

On the problem getting the top baffle out. Yes, mine was a *****-f**ka too. But check it, if you have any access at all to a welder and some scrap stuff you can Make a tool you will use over and over again. Remove the adjuster out of a large set of vice grips and replace it with a standard bolt, then weld a long rod the same diameter as the bolt only with a sliding chunk of steel drilled out for the rod, then weld a stop on the end. Instant slide hammer! I found a piece of tool steel and just ground a hook shape into it then clamped it in the vice grips, then tap tap tap and she is out.

Attaching pics of the homemade slide hammer and the little hook tool I made, although it used to be better...I need to grind it out some more as I have used this so much the edge is gone.

Attached Thumbnails Big City Thunder Monsters-dscn2351_2.jpg   Big City Thunder Monsters-dscn2352_2.jpg  
Old 03-14-2009, 10:24 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i drilled into the the baffel and use a slide hammer as well... popped it right out!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have problems with the rear pipe baffle, stick the pipe in a freezer for about 30 minutes. The pipe will get warmer first expanding and leaving the baffle cold and shrunk. Will come right out by lightly tapping the end of the pipe on the ground. BCt baffles help to improve the pipe reversion so you get more torque out of gear as stated above. Bike will respond better at lower rpm's(2-3K) where the big radius has a dip in the torque curve. The dip in the curve is still there but not as prominent.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
kerry_okie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
P#2002, the I.D. is 1 7/8" & O.D. is 2". Hope you guys have a better time getting the stock baffles out than I did! The top pipe was a PITA!
I now have the definitive method for removing the baffle from the top pipe. Start by soaking the baffle with spray lube - WD-40, Tri-Flow, etc. Then:

1) Go to your local home improvement store and pick up about three feet of 3/16" stranded cable. You'll also need a couple of 3/16" c-clamps.
2) Dig around in your tool box and find the largest socket you have that will slide into and out of the inlet side of the pipe without getting stuck. For me, it was a 27mm.
3) Take your cable, make a small loop, then get one of the c-clamps and clamp the cable together.
4) Thread the other end of the cable through the socket from the open side of the socket, pulling the cable through the square ratchet hole. The c-clamp will butt against the square hole from the inside of the socket.
5) Take the open end of the cable and thread it into the inlet side of the pipe. It may take a couple of tries to get it all the way through and out the other end of the pipe. Let the socket go into the pipe and pull the cable at the other end until you feel the socket butt against the baffle.
6) Take the other end of the cable and loop it around the pulling device of your choice. I used a small slide hammer. Use your other c-clamp to close the loop and tighten well.
7) Clamp the pipe in a vise just tight enough to keep it from moving. Position the pipe so that the rear bracket on the pipe is resting against one of the jaws of the vice.
8) Take your pulling device and go to town until the baffle comes out. It took me about ten whacks with the slide hammer to get the baffle completely out.

-- kerry --

Old 03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got 'em, Love 'em!!!

BCT's really make a Harley "Sound" like a Harley. I've gotten many a thumbs up from people, in cagers to on the porch.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
r00k
Road Warrior

Ordered my BCTs yesterday, If I can get my stuff together I'll make a recording of my Short Shots staggered with the stock baffle and one with the BCT and post back.

Quick Reply: Big City Thunder Monsters