Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH install

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Mud, I apologize for losing my cool but dang it...anyway, "fork it" ha ha. Good one. Thats a nice ride. I like that sort of street fighter look on the dyna. Appreciate the pics.

RSA...the install went fine. I could have used a 2nd pair of hands but I got 'r done. I'm about ready to update the map on my PCIII and take her for the maiden voyage. Maybe someone reading this can forward me a better map than the canned one from Dynojet???!!!??? Sorry I didn't get back to you bout your situation. I was never able to get in touch with my buddy. He's tough to nail down sometimes.

To the gentleman who suggested the ball-end allen wrench. I tried it before going to drastic measures and was able to grab the screw just enough to loosen it to where I needed it. I really appreciate that. Thanks.

Saint, I did try the channel lock idea but I don't have any small ones, only large "get the job done now" ones. No way I could get it in there. At least I tried it and will remember that as an option next time.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Look im new to riding and wrenching myself i just jumped the bandwagon with glide because he tried to help and you shot him down...in my book thats effed up...most of the dynas whether theyre 5 years older than your bike pretty much have the same mounting locations....he gave you his idea or opinion....and all you had to do was say k thanx maybe ill try that whether it'd work or not....

Old 03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,023 Likes on 2,102 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Look im new to riding and wrenching myself i just jumped the bandwagon with glide because he tried to help and you shot him down...in my book thats effed up...most of the dynas whether theyre 5 years older than your bike pretty much have the same mounting locations....he gave you his idea or opinion....and all you had to do was say k thanx maybe ill try that whether it'd work or not....

just drop it

Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

So, I updated the map and went for a ride. One word: WOW. I'm diggin the gain in performance. I went up the road a piece and then turned around. When I did, I got on it a bit and I think the front wheel may have left the pavement just a bit. I honestly didn't expect it.

As for the sound, it's a bit tinny but I think I can definitely live with it. The SEII's were definitely a little deeper tone. I'm gonna hold onto them for a bit before throwing them up for sale, just to make sure this is what I want.

I'll definitely need to get at least the front heat shield as I already burned my boot on it. Guess I'm just marking my territory.

Two pics of the completed install:

Old 03-12-2009, 04:12 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

looks good! how does it run? you notice a diff?

Old 03-12-2009, 04:16 PM
bosken
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job! Looks nice! White is a great color!

Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
looks good! how does it run? you notice a diff?
I definitely do Joe, even with a stock motor, as it is now. Now I can't wait to get those cams in there. Still collecting parts for that project.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by bosken
Great job! Looks nice! White is a great color!
I have a lot of respect for you and JRK. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job SC. Looks good and I am sure runs great, now just think what it will be like with the new cams!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:09 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

TH is awesome looking against that white. Props on the new pipe install.

Quick Reply: TH install