Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH install

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if that tool set you have has a screwdriver with interchangable bits,there should be a 3/16 allen bit in it,use the allen bit and turn it with a 1/4 in wrench.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I just remembered...one more question.

The leftmost stud that initially held the stock bracket in place has a small locknut, then the bracket, then the nut. The install sheet for TH is a bit unclear on this. Do I have to remove that small locknut also? I'd think so, if I want the TH bracket to sit flush. If what I'm describing is a bit off, I can take a pic tomorrow when I get back to it.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 AM
sporty79
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I just remembered...one more question.

The leftmost stud that initially held the stock bracket in place has a small locknut, then the bracket, then the nut. The install sheet for TH is a bit unclear on this. Do I have to remove that small locknut also? I'd think so, if I want the TH bracket to sit flush. If what I'm describing is a bit off, I can take a pic tomorrow when I get back to it.
Yes, you have to remove that locknut. If not, you'll have a hell of a time getting the flanges to fit over the studs at the heads. Ask me how I know...

Old 03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Don't get your panties in a bunch. I did say "I appreciate the info..."
LOL - My panties are in a bunch????????

When a new exhaust arrives at my door, I walk over to the bike, remove 4 nuts, 3-4 bolts, 2 gaskets, then reverse the order with the new exhaust in place. 2 hours max - and that's being extra careful and enjoying a few wobbly pops in the process. That's probably how most guys/girls on this forum do it.

You on the other hand - take pictures of the exhaust in the box, post multiple threads on what,where,how,when,why, and 2 weeks later - the new exhaust is still not on the bike ..... LOL.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:10 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 glide05

hell i would have been done by now too......

Old 03-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Low E
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know my skills with a wrench are lacking.

But it sucks that something that appears to be straight forward ends up being a clusterf*ck.

Good luck SC!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Gentlemen, and I use the term loosely, some of us have bigger responsibilities and the bike has to wait. Also, I WAS going to wait because I also have a set of cams and wanted to do it all at once you d*&chebags. I had a bad day and needed to do something to get my mind off of it. Is that O-effin-K in your book? I don't even know why I'm justifying my actions to you. Y'all are just a bunch of c&nts...minus the few who have offered REAL suggestions and info to which I had no experience yet.

Some of you may have more experience wrenching on harleys and that's great but don't effin cut me down because I have some valid effin questions.

Whose the idiot? The guy posting a question about a thunderheader install or the guy responding with rhinehart details? Who effin cares about your rhinehart. Personally you overpaid big time but I guess you can afford that collecting your social security check.

When someone has a set of rhineharts, all I can think is what a dumb effin hairy nuts@ck. $800+ for an exhaust that performs minimally. Smooth move exlax. Guess you just wanted to fit in with your a$$-jammin buddies.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 03-12-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by Low E
I know my skills with a wrench are lacking.

But it sucks that something that appears to be straight forward ends up being a clusterf*ck.

Good luck SC!
And how is my install a clusterf&ck? I had a question about some screws on the clutch side of the tranny because there is an effin seam right there and I wanted to be ready if I was going to lose fluid i.e buy more, drain pan, etc.

Am I supposed to be born with the effin knowledge that fluid will not leak out if those screws are loosened, like y'all? Let me bow down to your omnipotence, oh great ones.

Also, the install stated to do step C. I merely asked if anyone had a little workaround for performing step C. How is that a clusterf&ck? Because step C would have meant more tranny fluid, and a gasket. In case you don't effin know, I live about 50 miles from the nearest dealer. I need to plan things out. Is that O-effin-K in y'alls book???? I don't have the luxury of having one right around the corner.

I just can't effin believe that a few simple questions turned into what this thread has become and it all started because someone had nothing to add, but I thanked him for his info and went on about my business. He got his panties in a bunch and well....we are at this point. For all I know, your $800 rhinehart bracket mounted differently. Who effin knows.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:27 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, I am glad we got that all settled.....

So...SC...How's the install coming along? Too bad there are so many differences between the years of out bikes, I have no insight to add, but I have enjoyed reading the posts.

I still haven't figured out my problem....lol

Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,023 Likes on 2,102 Posts

hair, good job taking the bull by the horns and doing this yourself.

Keep your eye on the ball, questions are great,
don't lose focus by looking at panties, rineharts, etc etc...

I'm not gonna lock this, please you ALL calm down.

Spring is just around the corner.

Some pix I snapped a few daze ago.
Good friends machine
It is a rider, not curb jewelry.

2002 FXDLR, 120 inch Jim's motor, gears, etc etc
up until a few weeks ago he rode it without a seat.
I asked why he put a seat on it,
he said there was a little accident, and I just left it at that.

Anyway, your question about the rear mount........ fork it. leave it off.
where's that just kidding smilie

He's been runnin this one without the bracket for three four years now.

Quick Reply: TH install