Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raising the Dyna - suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome, just what I'm looking for

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Lopoetve
Road Master

Originally Posted by Centerline
Ahhh, relief.... Harley guys actually talking about handling improvement mods on a Harley. Another bright spot in the day. Have raised mine by a paltry 1/2 inch with the 440's, need another inch. Moved the front forks flush in the clamps, good for a bout a quarter inch. Gonna order probably works springs and maybe an inch spacer on top of them.
Modding the pegs while riding, so there's 1 inch more clearance.
win! What tuner did you use for your bike?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:58 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx for the link..I have been looking for a local brembo dealer and couldn't find one.

On your 09, do you have the 10 spoke cast wheel (5 groups of two spokes)? I gather you still have a single disc? I talked with QTMI, but I have had a lot of confusion on the cast wheel and I can't go look at the Dyna right now (in the shop for a stage 2 103). I'll probably just ride over to their shop next week..

How would you compare your setup to the 6 piston PM (per PM I have to use the stock rotor as their's won't work on an 07 cast wheel)?

Originally Posted by HAV0C
09 dyna here.Yes there radials..Im not on the lace wheels
110/80/19 180/55/17..Im using the storz damper
here's the brembo setup im using... 4 piston 4 pad its a agressive caliper and with the rotor and the brembo radial master its a sweet!http://www.qtmi.com/STREETbrakes.html

The 6 piston pm caliper is great also..My dad is running it on his dyna with a pm rotor.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lopoetve
win! What tuner did you use for your bike?
Lopoetve, the Harley SERT, tuned by the dealer tech who put the build on the bike.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Lopoetve
Road Master

Lopoetve, the Harley SERT, tuned by the dealer tech who put the build on the bike.
What all do you have on there? I recognize a FatCat or simiar 2-1, and hte Heavy breather, is the 103" just the stage 1 kit or do you have a cam swap in there too?

Old 03-12-2009, 02:39 PM
HAV0C
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregbenner
Thx for the link..I have been looking for a local brembo dealer and couldn't find one.

On your 09, do you have the 10 spoke cast wheel (5 groups of two spokes)? I gather you still have a single disc? I talked with QTMI, but I have had a lot of confusion on the cast wheel and I can't go look at the Dyna right now (in the shop for a stage 2 103). I'll probably just ride over to their shop next week..

How would you compare your setup to the 6 piston PM (per PM I have to use the stock rotor as their's won't work on an 07 cast wheel)?

I always had pm on all my harleys.This is the first time for the brembo on a my street bob, I love the brembo setup. my dad has the 6piston pm w/rotor and its a great setup ..cant go wrong with PM. my dad is on stock master. Which the brembo m/c made a big diffrence also.
Im on stock superglide wheels for now.yup single disc If u know anyone that has the hookup with drag specialties they sell the brembo brake kit as aslo.But they dont sell the brembo radial master u have to goto QTMI.. If u get the brembo caliper setup u need a new brake line to caliper. it uses a straight banjo fitting. and if u get the brembo radial master u need a 5 degree banjo since a radial m/c banjo is on the bottom..I called galfer up and ordered a 1 piece braided line and told them what degree fitting i need.
What has u confused?

Last edited by HAV0C; 03-12-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Modding the pegs while riding, so there's 1 inch more clearance.
That's the kind of mod that just does not feel like work at all...

Old 03-12-2009, 05:59 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Havoc, I gather that QTMI has a brembo master cylnder? The stock harley single caliper is 9/16" pistion (dual caliper is 11/16). Is the Brembo master cylinder a different size from these?

Originally Posted by HAV0C
I always had pm on all my harleys.This is the first time for the brembo on a my street bob, I love the brembo setup. my dad has the 6piston pm w/rotor and its a great setup ..cant go wrong with PM. my dad is on stock master. Which the brembo m/c made a big diffrence also.
Im on stock superglide wheels for now.yup single disc If u know anyone that has the hookup with drag specialties they sell the brembo brake kit as aslo.But they dont sell the brembo radial master u have to goto QTMI.. If u get the brembo caliper setup u need a new brake line to caliper. it uses a straight banjo fitting. and if u get the brembo radial master u need a 5 degree banjo since a radial m/c banjo is on the bottom..I called galfer up and ordered a 1 piece braided line and told them what degree fitting i need.
What has u confused?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Ooh. I'm glad I found this thread. I'm gonna bookmark it. I went in the same direction with the last cruiser I owned ('05 Yamaha Warrior). I put in some cut/re-welded dog-bones on the rear and it raised it up considerably. I know that "the dragon" is not for everyone but I like going there and went there before and after raising the Warrior and it was like night and day. I have a few other small things I wanna do to my 'Bob first like upgraded brakes but I'm gonna strongly consider raising it up a little for better handling. I've scraped the pegs a few times already when riding it a little hard through some local turns. I'm POSITIVE I'd tear up a set of pegs in a hurry at the dragon and I plan on going there in the not too distant future.
Pic of Warrior after I raised it up:

Old 03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh... while we're showing off pegs... here's the left peg off of my Warrior *after* I'd raised it up...

RIDE THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Raising the Dyna - suspension upgrades