Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Raising the Dyna - suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg put more air in, Metz need 40/46 cold, they require more air than Dunlops, check their website. You don't want a tire failure, had a tire blow once, not fun.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:37 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,027 Likes on 13,516 Posts

Greg it appears you have hd detachable bags,any interference problems with the shocks?

Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not with the shocks, but with the mega Supertrapp muffler. The bags I have are BossBags, I plan to sell them. I purchased a RoadGlide a few months ago, so don't really need bags on the Dyna anymore.

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
Greg it appears you have hd detachable bags,any interference problems with the shocks?

Old 03-11-2009, 07:59 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain

YIKES I checked, you are absolutely correct.

Too many bikes to keep it all straight

Thx

greg

Originally Posted by madden23
Greg put more air in, Metz need 40/46 cold, they require more air than Dunlops, check their website. You don't want a tire failure, had a tire blow once, not fun.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 AM
HAV0C
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg Looks great..Enjoy riding it till the wheels fall off!
ALWAYS check ya tire pressure.I do

I have the same rear ohlins 215's and got the front forks done by traxxion dynamics 20mm cartridge kit that has rebound & compression damping with the new metzeler roadtech z6 tires and a storz damper it being still harley it handles GREAT!! and a full brembo front & rear brake setup caliper n rotors with a radial front brake master it stops on the dime.
Now i just have to get my *** to drop it off @ rosas cycle for a hot 107 kit..

Last edited by HAV0C; 03-12-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:14 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain

Havoc, sounds really nice. I am curious re: the damper. What year/model do you have? I had a damper on my track bike because it would shimmy out of some turns, but haven't yet noticed any issues of that sort with my FXD.

I am frustrated on the brake issue, with a 07 FXD there is no way to add dual discs without changing wheels. I have real issues with spoked wheels due to what happens when they get a puncture, so am stuck with the cast wheels. I am thinking of a 6 piston PM caliper...perhaps a cast iron rotor.

?

Originally Posted by HAV0C
a storz damper it being still harley it handles GREAT!! and a full brembo front & rear brake setup caliper n rotors with a radial front brake master it stops on the dime.
Now i just have to get my *** to drop it off @ rosas cycle for a hot 107 kit..

Last edited by gregbenner; 03-12-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain

These are radials aren't they? What size do you use? I presume you have cast wheels (didn't think you were supposed to use tubes in radial tires)? If they are cast, are the HD wheels (i.e. you have dual discs)?

Originally Posted by HAV0C
new metzeler roadtech z6 tires ..

Old 03-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ahhh, relief.... Harley guys actually talking about handling improvement mods on a Harley. Another bright spot in the day. Have raised mine by a paltry 1/2 inch with the 440's, need another inch. Moved the front forks flush in the clamps, good for a bout a quarter inch. Gonna order probably works springs and maybe an inch spacer on top of them.
Modding the pegs while riding, so there's 1 inch more clearance.
Name:  DSCN0255-1.jpg
Views: 3603
Size:  67.8 KB

Old 03-12-2009, 11:06 AM
HAV0C
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gregbenner
These are radials aren't they? What size do you use? I presume you have cast wheels (didn't think you were supposed to use tubes in radial tires)? If they are cast, are the HD wheels (i.e. you have dual discs)?

09 dyna here.Yes there radials..Im not on the lace wheels
110/80/19 180/55/17..Im using the storz damper
here's the brembo setup im using... 4 piston 4 pad its a agressive caliper and with the rotor and the brembo radial master its a sweet!http://www.qtmi.com/STREETbrakes.html

The 6 piston pm caliper is great also..My dad is running it on his dyna with a pm rotor.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
HAV0C
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Centerline
Ahhh, relief.... Harley guys actually talking about handling improvement mods on a Harley. Another bright spot in the day. Have raised mine by a paltry 1/2 inch with the 440's, need another inch. Moved the front forks flush in the clamps, good for a bout a quarter inch. Gonna order probably works springs and maybe an inch spacer on top of them.
Modding the pegs while riding, so there's 1 inch more clearance.

NICE

Quick Reply: Raising the Dyna - suspension upgrades