Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Exhaust...again

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:26 PM
sfetty
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I punched the baffles out of the stock mufflers.......not loud enough. I think the 2 into one head pipe is killing the sound. I wonder if replacement mufflers will satisfy me either?

Talked to a Samson tech that suggested trying Street Sweepers without a fuel managment system. He claimed the 08's usually have enough adjustment that the bike will run fine. Said the Legend series have baffles so they should have enough back pressure.

Has anybody tried this?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sfetty
Just bought my wife an 08 Denim Black Fat Bob. I absolutely love the way it drives and its style. Well all but one thing. It needs to be louder. The former owner left the stock exhaust on it.

I love the "Tommy Gun" exhausts looks and hate to remove the styling. Has anybody added slip o mufflers to it and how much did it help? Had my eye on some Rush with custom tips to match the head pipe cut outs. But I don't know if they would satisfy me on sound.

I have V&H Big Radius on my FXDSE. I know the slip ons won't be as loud, but I want traffic to clearly hear her.

Also, what is your experiences on fuel packs, fuel managment systems, whatever Are they necessary for slip on mufflers and do you need a high flow air filter?

Supertrapp 2in1 pipe, thundermax tuner, arlen ness air box