Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Exhaust...again

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:15 PM
wood butcher
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Khrome Werks 3"HP slip-ons are the way to go. Deeper sound than the rush, louder than I thought they would be, but not too loud. Go to youtube and you can find a guy who has 'em and hear what they sound like--- awesome. I like mine. They look exactly like the stock mufflers and are really easy to put on. Do not need any other mods to use them.

Last edited by wood butcher; 03-11-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

I dig my Cycle Shacks. The look great, are loud without being obnoxious, and cheap!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Stinger
Advanced

Another vote for Cycle Shacks here. I spent a lot of time on YouTube and these had the sound I was looking for. In real life I was not disappoionted either. Nice increase in sound level but nowhere near too loud IMO. And you really can't beat the price.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stinger
Another vote for Cycle Shacks here. I spent a lot of time on YouTube and these had the sound I was looking for. In real life I was not disappoionted either. Nice increase in sound level but nowhere near too loud IMO. And you really can't beat the price.
Must agree that Cycle Shacks are good sound and not to loud.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Rush 2.0. Not ear splitting but loud enough and sound way better than stock. I got them from Fuel Moto and the price was reasonable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev0KpQvLiFE

Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
nazareth27
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run cycle shacks as well, about 4100 miles now, but Im ready to move on to either big radius or samson street sweepers. If anyone wants a deal on the shacks, I'll cover the shipping, they are for sale.

On the other side of things, a friend here in town bought an 09 fat bob. He was able to take the stock mufflers, and popped out the rivets (???) inside that held the baffles, or whatever it was that held them in place, and was able to get them removed or drilled out himself, and I've seen others talk about doing that as well with the stock mufflers. It didnt cost him anything, and I have to say I thought it was comparable, if not as good sounding as my cycle shacks just from doing that. And again, he saved some major coin, Id have to ask him how he did it again to make sure, I wanted to do that myself at first a year ago and didnt think it was possible, but it is.d

Old 03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
WDHGS
Road Captain
Default Fat Bob Slip-ons

I had the same exact concern when I bought mine--that I wanted to be heard, especially in traffic. I had to buy the 1.5" Slip-ons for mine as I live in one of those towns where they have a strong arm in keeping things quiet. They are sufficient and have a great sound, I would probably go with 2.0" if I did it again and take my chances with the neighbors and local law officers. No additional mods needed--question is whether or not to go with black to match the denim or chrome to stand out?

Old 03-12-2009, 01:07 PM
ratpack enforcer
Advanced

It all depends on what sound you are looking for. If want a nice rumble go with the Rush 2.0 but everybody here will have thier own opinion on which is better

Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 AM
sfetty
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys!

I have a friend that modified the mufflers on his Heritage Softail. Honestly, it sounded pretty good and never cost him anything either. I might try that first. It's not like I would be ruining anything. The stock mufflers will likely go in the trash if removed anyhow.

Does anybody know if there is a baffle in the pipe where the two head pipes join as well as in the muffler? Heard the 2 into 1 into 2 design was to build more back pressure. It sure is quite.

What changes exhaust tone also. The size of the hole or the shape of the hole? My buddy punched a 3/4 inch hole through the baffle plate on his mufflers. What if a guy changed the shape of the hole? Would that disturb the flow resulting in a different tone?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Dagoat
6th Gear
Default fat bob exhaust

I have a fxdf and so does a buddie in another city--he bought the SE slip on's from HD and I had a guy punch out the baffle in the muffler--not me, but he said mine sounds twice a s good--I agree--but for better sound and great looks, look at the Vance & hines 2 into 1

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Exhaust...again