Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint experts advice please

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 AM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chesterman
You didn't mention how many blemishes like that there are on your tins. If the shop did both fenders and your tank and that is the only blem then I'd consider myself lucky. Also you didn't say where that blem is or how close you are zoomed in. Any buffing, rubbing or polishing with any product on the market will increase the sheen. While everybody likes to expect perfect work when it's their hard earned money that pays for it, I doubt there are very many people on here with denim paint that could look over their entire bike with a fine tooth comb and say that their paint is perfect.
There are a few on the tank and rear fender. Front is being redone but will likely have a few too. They are very small specs. In the picture above it is hard to see but is the spec in the flash. I talked to a few painters, and none have done much matte finish work and none guarantee a finish without a blemish or two like I have. Something about static electricity and tiny dirt specs. So I decided to let it go. Unless one is close and looking they don't stick out. I may one day try wet sanding it. But at the moment they look great mounted on bike so will run with it. Thanks for the ideas guys much appreciated.