Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*INTIMINATORS*.Ricor Suspension Upgrade.*

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 08:10 PM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I dont believe any damping mods will fix how a bike will ride with a lowered front end. Its just kind of a mismatched pair. Lowered/Performance doesnt really happen. Its gonna be one or the other. If I was lowering my front end I would try the give a little take a little method.

I would fab a Schedule 40 PVC spacer that was 3/4 shorter than stock,change oil to 20wt to make up for less usable travel,and slide them up in the trees maybe 1/2 inch. That would lower you down a little over an inch and give you somewhat of a decent ride.

I wouldnt waste the money on intiminators if you are lowering the front end. I have read alot of bad on that drop in kit that you have also.
Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I'm not real happy with the drop in kit. But with the 09 top tree my bars are right up against the fork tubes so sliding them up is not an option unfortunately. Thinking about maybe changing back to 07 top tree with risers, putting back stock springs and trying out your spacer idea. With a 21" front and a lowered rear it just looked to high up front. All comes back to looks vs. function dilemma. Thanks for the info.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpace024
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere in the thread, I didnt read all the pages, but will these work with a progressive drop in kit? I have one in and it lowers the front about 2 inches. Not alot of travel there. Wondering if it would be worth the cash or if it wont be able to work correctly with lowered ride height. Any info appreciated.

There are two schools of thought here. One is like parts-eater said, lowered and performance don't go hand in hand so somehting like our INTIMINATOR would not be helpful. The second is, and we see this all the time, is that the bike is already lowered and bottoms out like crazy so you need help. If you are having bottoming issues the INTIMINATOR will help you a lot.

You can try it and if it doesn't work for you send it back and I'll refund your money.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 10-19-2010, 08:36 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Brian, Can you confirm that you still offer the HD forum discount on the Intiminators? I think some of us are unsure and have asked about this lately. Thanks Ricor for offering performance suspension at real world prices!

Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Hey Brian, Can you confirm that you still offer the HD forum discount on the Intiminators? I think some of us are unsure and have asked about this lately. Thanks Ricor for offering performance suspension at real world prices!
If there is a discount available, I may be another customer!

Old 10-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mascman
If there is a discount available, I may be another customer!

Sure is. We offer 30% off on INTIMINATORS to HDforum members.

Enter "hdforums" in the coupon code.

Brian

Old 10-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ricor Shocks

Brian
That is great news!

Bonus coming at the end of the month...

Old 10-19-2010, 01:27 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ricor Shocks

Brian
Is that offer good for the shocks also?

Old 10-19-2010, 11:35 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Brian, I knew many guys were up in the air about the discount. The discount makes this setup a steal! Mud uses this setup and did a writup on the install of these on a Street Bob. Real easy,cost effective, and can be done in the old garage. Mud said that he was impressed , which is good enough for me. I have used his tech articles as resources and he has never steered me wrong.

I dunno about the 30% discount regarding the shocks. Brian , would you chime in here?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:35 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the shocks are already at a reduced introductory price right now so there isn't a discount on those currently.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm trying to register on the Ricor site but it wants a tax ID number...what do I put in there?

Quick Reply: *INTIMINATORS*.Ricor Suspension Upgrade.*