Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

outterbanks H-D ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 11:00 PM
kman42oo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outterbanks H-D ?

i ask this same ? on the general h-d forum and got no reply , so i thought i would try it on here . can anyone tell me if there is a H-D rental around the outterbanks , NC ? going over on memorial day week and my brother wants to rent a bike to ride with me. thanks ahead for any info.....

Old 04-25-2006, 11:06 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: outterbanks H-D ?

Pretty darn sure there is. There's a couple of dealerships around there that I think are owned by the same person/company. If you want to rent one for a certain busy time better go ahead and call. I used to spend a week a year there as a kid, and now I hear it's overrun with yankees and D.C. vacationers. Pre-apology to all yankees and D.C. vacationers, but some of the ones who show up there can be different.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 PM
LAWMAN
Tourer

Hey sorry to be the bearer of bad news but about 5 of us rode to Nags Head yesterday and they do not rent Harleys at the Nags Head store. All they have in Nags Head Harley shop is Motorclothes and it's overpriced as hell. The next closest is Outer Banks Harley which is in Elizabeth City and that is a one hour drive from Kitty Hawk. As far as I know they do not rent Harleys either. The next closest is Portsmouth or Virginia Beach VA and they both rent Harleys but your talking about a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. I live about 2 hours from Nags Head and ride there once in awhile. But like was posted the Outer Banks is overrun by a bunch of uptight Yankees. It's not nearly as fun as it once was. Like I said I was there yesterday and it was already bumper to bumper traffic on the bypass and the beach road was pretty busy as well.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:13 AM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

If you still want to go I know for a fact that Rocky Mount HD rents bikes, they are two hours from your location, but they are on the way. Practically, right on Highway 64 which goes straight to outer banks. You need your endorsement and a bunch of room on your credit card and they will rent one to you.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:34 AM
LAWMAN
Tourer

Yeah Rocky Mount Harley is a awesome place. They have a good selection of rentals. I live 45 minutes from Rocky Mount. It's right off Hwy 64 on Winstead Ave. Then you get on 64 and take it right to Nags Head its a nice ride that is the route I took yesterday.

Old 04-30-2006, 02:16 AM
HDMC
Novice

Brother Lawman,

Do I know you?

I live 45 minutes from RMHD too...in Roanoke Rapids. 7th and Holly?

I baught my bike at Rocky Mount HD. Awesome folks there. KMAN, See Greg Jones, and tell him Jonathan sent you. He'll take good care of you and your brother.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:40 AM
kman42oo
Advanced

thanks everyone , i may just look into that !!