Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypercharger on an 06???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006 | 05:19 PM
misterrick
|
Cruiser
Default Hypercharger on an 06???

Ive pretty much decided on an exhaust for my bike think im going with the V&H either big radius....or samson slasher. I also want to go with a hypercharger...is there anything else I would have to worry about besided remapping. I know the 06 is a little different than previous dyna's...Thanks all

Old 04-25-2006 | 07:35 PM
snowyhog
Cruiser
Default RE: Hypercharger on an 06???

Manifold just needs drilling on the 06 as the throttle body is a complete unit that does not come apart . This is for the vacuum takeoff for the valves

[IMG]local://upfiles/6279/75FD5E1A5EA44BD9B2E633C15E19FA23.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2006 | 10:34 AM
jimw411
Tourer

I just installed the Vance & Hines big shots and a Hypercharger on my 06' FXDI. Everything went great on the exaust, but the hypercharger fought me a little. First off, i had to add a couple washers on both sides of the breather bolts the space the bracket away from my throttle linkage so that my throttle wasn't stuck closed. I also hooked up the vacuum line to the only port on the throttle body which was the fitting for the EVAP canister that i had already removed. The Hypercharger worked backwards since it was hooked up to timed port vacuum. It would close as i cgave it more throttle. So after removing the hypercharger and taking it apart a few times to figure out hod to reverse the vacuum diaphram, i figured out that you can just remove the butterflies and turn them upside down and ir will work backwards from the original configuration. I did a tiny bit of bending and adjusting to the actuator rod that hooks up to the butterflies from inside and adjusted the wide open stop screw and hooking it up to my vacuum pump the butterflies are closed all the time until you give it vacuum, and it will open then. I didn't get a chance yet to run the bike and test the new set up on the hypercharger since it was 3am when i finished and the Vance & Hines pipes are pretty damn loud. I'll let you guys know soon.

Old 05-14-2006 | 09:54 PM
WildBill76
Tourer

Duh! When you open the Throttle your intake vacuum will drop until your RPM's pick up. The Butterflies should close slighty when you open the Throttle. At Idle the Butterflies should be fully open. By closing slightly the Air Volume goes down some but the Air Velocity goes up. Air Velocity mixes fuel better. Volume Fills the cylinder better. Once your engine is up to speed the Velocity and volume are dictated by Intake and head flow. A free flowing exhaust with Anti-Reversion helps alot also. Goodluck.

Old 05-15-2006 | 11:27 PM
jimw411
Tourer

I didn't think things threw. The hyperrcharger worked just like i had hoped usuing the timed port vacuum to open it rather then close it, but if you hit the throttle most then 1/4 of the way they closed back up again cause of the drop in vacuum. I was just trying to avoid pulling off my intake manifold and drilling a hole in it for a vacuum fitting, but i guess i cant avoid that.

Old 05-17-2006 | 06:51 PM
collin
Road Captain

I don't Know what parts they gave you with the hypercharger. I just put the Hypercharger on my 04 Road king FI, it came with a vacuum adapter that fits between the manifold and the fuel injection body. it works fine, I used a torx bit that I cut a slot in to accept a screw driver and foil taped them together to reach the screws from the other side, the torx also worked fine in the Allen screws they supplied. After installing I noticed the butterflies weren't opening as fast as I'd want so I stretched the spring a tad inside the diaphragm to get quicker response and adjusted the stop screw all the way down. I notice a improvement in performance over the SE air filter set up I had.

Old 05-20-2006 | 02:48 AM
jimw411
Tourer

The 06' throttle body is integrated with the intake manifold and therefore cannot be seporated to put in the vacuum adaptor. I spoke to Kurakyn and they told me the hypercharger that i should be using is the one for that 99' Dyna with a CV carb, and they are in the process of making an adaptor for that air cleaner to operate on the 06'. So the Hypercharger listing in the J&P catalog is incorrect. I spoke to the tech support at J&P and he said the will replace my hypercharger with the correct one after the adaptor is made and they have it in stock to ship to me.

Old 05-20-2006 | 04:43 PM
snowyhog
Cruiser

Its perfect the one they list, you just have to drill the manifold for the take off for vacuum
How can a carb one fit on the injection body ?

Old 05-21-2006 | 09:22 AM
jimw411
Tourer

The guy that did my dyno tuning and sert, along with the other 2 guys at the shop, advised my not to drill a hole in my intake. I'll see what they come up with, for now i removed the butterflies from my hypercharger so it's just a wide open ram air right now.

Old 05-25-2007 | 02:47 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior

Howdy,

Did you manage to sort out your hypercharge butterfly problem? I just ordered one for my 07 Fatboy along with a V&H big radius and PCIII usb. Think I might get a custom shop to fit them so I don't stuff it up. Might do the exhaust myself though... was it easy?

Dean

Quick Reply: Hypercharger on an 06???