Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diffrentce between a dyna custom and a low rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:32 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is that Dragonfly Green/Vivid Black on my Hubby's Heritage Softail. That's my favorite color as well. If I could have found that bike in a Low Rider in 2007, I would have bought that one instead. The paint changes from green to gold to turquoise blue, depending on how the sun hits it.

Last edited by LWOS; 03-15-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:37 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LWOS
Here is that Dragonfly Green/Vivid Black on my Hubby's Heritage Softail. That's my favorite color as well. If I could have found that bike in a Low Rider in 2007, I would have bought that one instead. The paint chanes from green to gold to turquoise blue, depending on how the sun hits it.

I think your paint is just as nice, and compliments your Hubby's bike. If you both had the same color, they would look like rentals when you two went out riding together. Your's is slightly more femenine with the lack of black. Nice choice.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:46 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Devils Haircut..........you want a sad story?? Try this one. Husband loads his bike and my brand new Dyna ( 5 miles on it) into the trailer and hauls them up to our summer home. 150 miles later, he opens the door to find his bike fell over and onto mine. For 150 miles, my clutch lever scraped the hell out of his tank's paint job......and his brake lever
gouged the hell out of my Quick Detatch windshield. Mind you, my bike had not been riden yet, and his only had 1500 miles on it.
Well.......... he wanted the Tank repainted. NO CAN DO. This is a special color and they dont sell the paint in enough quantity to re-paint the tank........and..... You cant send it to Harley for repainting either. They wont restore it. YOU HAVE TO BUY A NEW, FACTORY PAINTED TANK TO THE TUNE OF $995.00 PLUS TAX. Also..... you can just replace the clear part of the windshield either. They dont sell them that way . You have to buy the whole thing, brace and all..... and those run another $350.Hubby learned an expensive lesson about properly strap and securing the bikes before trailering them.
So good luck on finding tins. If they're damaged, you cant get them repainted. You can buy new from the factory.....but it will cost you a fortune.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:54 AM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LWOS
Devils Haircut..........you want a sad story?? Try this one. Husband loads his bike and my brand new Dyna ( 5 miles on it) into the trailer and hauls them up to our summer home. 150 miles later, he opens the door to find his bike fell over and onto mine. For 150 miles, my clutch lever scraped the hell out of his tank's paint job......and his brake lever
gouged the hell out of my Quick Detatch windshield. Mind you, my bike had not been riden yet, and his only had 1500 miles on it.
Well.......... he wanted the Tank repainted. NO CAN DO. This is a special color and they dont sell the paint in enough quantity to re-paint the tank........and..... You cant send it to Harley for repainting either. They wont restore it. YOU HAVE TO BUY A NEW, FACTORY PAINTED TANK TO THE TUNE OF $995.00 PLUS TAX. Also..... you can just replace the clear part of the windshield either. They dont sell them that way . You have to buy the whole thing, brace and all..... and those run another $350.Hubby learned an expensive lesson about properly strap and securing the bikes before trailering them.
So good luck on finding tins. If they're damaged, you cant get them repainted. You can buy new from the factory.....but it will cost you a fortune.
Wow...that is sad! Why wouldn't they restore it? Oh yeah, cause you'd be willing to buy a new tank if need be. Wow... At least all is good now, and your "bad luck" from the green paint has past.