Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diffrentce between a dyna custom and a low rider

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Man O'War
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

The '09 Red FXDC also has tank pinstripes.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 PM
JohnAE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXD vs. FXDC vs. FXDL

Just took H-D's offer to trade my 2008 Sportster C and spent weeks looking over the differences between the different Dyna's. Test drove a FXD which made up my mind to do the trade. If you want a Dyna that will do everything the other Dyna's will do and you don't care about chrome or a passenger seat then it's hard to beat a basic FXD. It is the lightest of all the models and has the same engine. I grew up in the 50's so still like a lot of chrome. To add all the chrome to an FXD that comes standard with a FXDC would cost much more then the $1,000 difference. I wanted basic black and chrome and haven't paid attention to a tach for decades so I ended up with a FXDC instead of a FXDL.

BTW I've been riding MC's over 44 years and the sportster was my first Harley. Liked it. Like the FXDC a lot more. Night a Day difference in ride and you can actually tell what you a looking at in the rear view mirrors. 385 more cc's isn't bad either. Thanks Harley and thanks C and C cycle!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:58 PM
MNrider
Tourer

They are both great bikes. I think the black motor really shows off the chrome more than the silver motor. I was looking at the fxdc, fxdl and fxdf. Key differences for me? The fxdc has the silver motor and console ignition, fxdl has the black motor. The fxdf has the black motor and the console ignition....done deal for me. LOL. I just wish the fxdf had the chrome primary. All 3 were a good fit for me. The others have 2-tone paint option, which is nice if you like them. In the end, they are all dynas and you can't go wrong.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2007fxdc
Come on now Dom, there are a lot more differences than that and if you add up the cost of the extras you get on the custom to put on a FXD standard, going with the custom off the floor is clearly the better deal, if those options appeal to you. You can't make the same cost comparison between the custom and the LR or the StreetBob unless you consider the cost of pulling the motor and powdercoating it black and reinstalling it, which the moco does not have to do when assembling a new bike.
+1
IMHO that was a horrible comparison. The low and custom are very simular in style and are both chromed out. Alot of guys go with forwards, so highway pegs on the low don't matter if you make the swap, AND they are both setup for 2-up riding. My super glide would take alot of cash to chrome out, plus I would have to set it up for a passenger. Swap tanks to get the speedo off the bars...hell, you could almost build another bike with all the take off parts to get an fxd to look like an fxdc. Fortunately, I don't want a FXDC or a lowrider!

Old 03-06-2009, 02:01 AM
HD 472
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It doesn't make much sence to buy the fxdc then spend who knows how much to make it look like a fxdl. moco would love ya It's all in what you want.

Last edited by HD 472; 03-06-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:08 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

I had a 1200C and now have an FXDL. So... I went from a "Girls Bike" to a "Ladies Bike".
Hahahahaaa!!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creekhed1
I had a 1200C and now have an FXDL. So... I went from a "Girls Bike" to a "Ladies Bike" ...

...with that gay anniversary paint scheme.

Old 03-06-2009, 09:19 AM
djwhaley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gary7
...with that gay anniversary paint scheme.
Yeah but its 2tone with pinstriping and didnt cost extra!

Old 03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HD 472
...It's all in what you want.
I think that's the bottom line - it's about what you want and if you are willing to pay for it. And the pricing has to be based on that. Nowhere is there 2 grand more in a LR than the FXDC. But enough people want that black engine and LR name tag, that they'll pay the extra money for it. That apparently wasn't the case in 07 on the FXDC's which is why the MOCO didn't change a significant thing about the bike and lowered the price about a thousand bucks. Fine by me except that was like yanking a thousand out of my pocket on resale value. Not that i intend on reselling it anytime soon.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Test ride both models or any model look at them buy what you want, Like I said before both models are great, it just what you are looking for and of course your budget.

Quick Reply: Diffrentce between a dyna custom and a low rider