Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey grape ape!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006 | 12:36 PM
grape ape
Tourer
Default RE: Hey grape ape!

ORIGINAL: jmbear328

hey grape ape,

That is a great looking scoot. Matter of fact, it was a tuff decision for me when I ordered my bike on which one to get. I was considering 3 different Dynas at the time I ordered mine : an 06 Low Rider in Dragonfly Green and Vivid Black, an 06 StreetBob in Cobolt Blue and the one I ordered, an 06 Fire Red Pearl Superglide.

Also its kinda hard to tell from the pics, but do you have guards behind your bags? If not,...do they get in your wheels?

John
When I was still shopping for the new bike, I had decided, on paper, to buy the Fire Red Superglide. But when I went and sat on it and the StreetBob, the StreetBob just fit me better.

I don't have guards behind the bags. I tried to make sure they were snugged up high enough so they don't flop around and get into the wheels. In fact I had to punch a couple of extra holes in the yoke so I could bring them up some. Will have to keep an eye on it to make sure, but seems OK so far.

Old 04-25-2006 | 01:18 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

ORIGINAL: grape ape

Yeah, that's an idea. I may fine tune the fit that way if it bugs me. Tell me, why did the rack **** you off and cause you trouble?

Willie & Max bags? any attachment brackets?

Old 04-25-2006 | 01:43 PM
grape ape
Tourer

ORIGINAL: atrox88

Willie & Max bags? any attachment brackets?

yes, compact slants
no brackets, just tied on

Old 05-13-2006 | 11:53 PM
grape ape
Tourer
Default RE: Hey grape ape! Update on saddlebag install

Well, just thought I'd report that after using the above mentioned setup for a few weeks, I find that I need brackets for the saddlebags. An examination of the bottom edge of the bag on the right side revealed that it is making contact slightly with the rotor and its starting to get a bit scraped up. I called the dealership and they said they don't have any for the Street Bob yet, but that in July there should be a bunch more stuff coming out for the 06 Dynas. So off go the bags until I get the brackets.