Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line quick disconnect fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015 | 03:38 PM
sawtooth_troy
Advanced

Originally Posted by NoLongerAmember
I did go the parts store and no one had a repair kit or so they said, probably had repair kits on the shelf but didn't even know what they were or where they are. Also, the kits usually come with a nylon hose attached and unless you're careful cutting it off you can create a leak if you score the barbs. Point is you can fix the line for $3.00 in about 5 minutes. I wasn't interested in spending 50.00 for an OEM or 40.00 for braided one.
CB

Adding to this old thread for future researchers:

I broke my quick connect last night. Went to auto parts store and bought 7 inches of 5/16 fuel line, stole the spread clamps straight off the old line and connected the new line to the injector nipple with nothing more than the oem hose clamp (I may add another as I have room). Runs very well with my test run (stays in place) but I am going 200 miles tomorrow. Will check back in and let people know if it held. My only concern is that the receiving nipple has no scorring or ribbing or anything to hold the new fuel line other than the clamp. Auto parts store guys said that should hold no problem to about 50 psi. Not sure how heat would impact that.

If I pull moderately hard on it, I can pull it out. I may scuff up the smooth nipple or use a tighter clamp

Here is hoping....

Last edited by sawtooth_troy; 04-24-2015 at 04:52 PM.