Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDI35's - where are you?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Limey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuntgrunt
Hello folks. I just joined the forum after seeing this thread in a Google search and thought I'd join in.

Bought mine online from West Coast HD in Glasgow, Scotland 8 months ago with 7000 miles on her. (Thanks Bruce) She's over the border now in Manchester, England. Number 1565. Stock but for the sissy bar and speedo/tacho combo.

Now that I've decided she's a keeper I'll probably just stage 1 her and leave it at that. Love the look as is, even got used to the mid controls now.

I have picked up a down to the metal stone chip in the tank. Really gutted.

Anyone knows of a fix that might help camouflage it let me know.
Try Chipsaway, they're good, cheap and everywhere (in the UK that is at least)

Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Stuntgrunt
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that Limey...I may give them a call. Cheers.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Stuntgrunt
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On a different note I asked Nightrider.com about their Xieds for the 35. After their response made me wonder if this bike shouldn't have it's own thread? If anybody has any experience with aftermarket kit on this bike please share.

I keep looking at pipes and filters for this and it gets more complicated the deeper you look.

England aint the hottest place in the world but I've been surprised by the heat from that rear pot and the pre-ignition I hear under load occasionally. That's what had me looking for a cheap way of enriching the mix. For the moment I've found she prefers 98 octane fuel. Still get ping but not as much and the engine seems smoother on it.

So any tips on pipes, breathers and fuel from you 35 riders? This is a quote from Nightrider when I asked about XIEDs

"The 06 Dyna was Harley's test bed for closed loop fuel injection systems, so it ended up being programmed quite a bit differently than the 2007 and later bikes. It has a few quirks in the programming that prevent us from adding more than 3-4% more fuel (14.3:1 target AFR)."