Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about baffles for my Vance and Hines Shortshots

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Pythagrean
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about baffles for my Vance and Hines Shortshots

I am thinking about adding some good baffles to my Shortshots for the added back pressure and performance. Which baffles would be best for the money and where can I buy them?

I also how hard will these baffles be to install? Will I need to uninstall my mufflers now to get the job done?

Old 02-27-2009, 09:14 PM
mynzbtr1
Cruiser

I just installed a set of the quiet baffles on my bike. Very easy but you have to remove the heat shields. There is a small screw towards the inside of the pipe. Unscrew the screw and slide the baffle out. The quiet baffles have a fiberglass wrapping on them. Just slide them in slowley and line up the screw holes.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:55 AM
Pythagrean
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mynzbtr1
I just installed a set of the quiet baffles on my bike. Very easy but you have to remove the heat shields. There is a small screw towards the inside of the pipe. Unscrew the screw and slide the baffle out. The quiet baffles have a fiberglass wrapping on them. Just slide them in slowley and line up the screw holes.
So did you just take off the heat shield and install the baffles with the mufflers on your bike? How easy is it to take off the heat shield?

Old 02-28-2009, 02:03 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

You can get the shields off without removing the pipes, you just need to take the clamps apart and you can slide them off. I also have the VH quiet baffles, check out www.easternperformance.com

Old 02-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Pythagrean
Cruiser

Okay, I just checked my pipes and I thought I didn't have any baffles inside. There is a metal cheese grater type object inside the pipes which I am thinking is a pretty open baffle. Will replacing the baffles inside even give me a performance upgrade since I already have some form of baffles creating back pressure. I am sorry for all of the questions, but I am trying to learn how all of this works and I want my bike to run the best that it can with the items that I purchase for it.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:27 AM
mynzbtr1
Cruiser

Ya, what you see inside are baffles, but they are not as solid as the quiet baffles. Thats were the back pressure comes from. I got much better throttle response from putting in the quiet baffles. The sound is a little quieter but still sounds and runs great. PM me if you need any more info.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 AM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have Big City Thunder baffles for the V&H Shortshots? I have them on my older SEII's and love them and I saw on the BCT web site that they list baffles for several V&H pipes - including the straight shots which seem like they would be the same diameter...

Old 02-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by sintax
Anyone have Big City Thunder baffles for the V&H Shortshots? I have them on my older SEII's and love them and I saw on the BCT web site that they list baffles for several V&H pipes - including the straight shots which seem like they would be the same diameter...
I'm considering the BCT baffles myself. I've spoken with them, I just need to measure the inside and outside diameters of my pipes. Need to get off my hump and get them ordered.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:39 AM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MTBlood
I'm considering the BCT baffles myself. I've spoken with them, I just need to measure the inside and outside diameters of my pipes. Need to get off my hump and get them ordered.
My pipes are scheduled to arrive Wednesday and was hoping to order the baffles Monday so they might arrive at the same time. Should you end up measuring them this weekend, could you post or PM me the measurements?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Using a cloth tape it measures 8" outer, 7" inner. That doesn't sound right so I'm gonna ride out to a buddy's house and stick the micrometer to it.

Quick Reply: Questions about baffles for my Vance and Hines Shortshots