Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of helmet do your prefer

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

90% of the time I ride alone so I wear a HJC full face. I have a half helmet that I wear when riding with a group. With the full face nobody can hear what I am saying if we try to talk at a traffic light.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM
A-10 KChawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thomaskray
I have a harley 1/2 helmet now but it looks like a stupid mushroom on my head. Have a Bell full face for when it's cold and a novelty helmet that I'm too scared to wear.

I really, really want something more comfortable, DOT, and better looking though this year. Thinking about getting something like this... heard good things about them and they're DOT.

http://carbonfiberhelmets.com

I have that exact helmet and love it. Looks like a novelty. It also comes with multiple foam inserts of different thickness for the perfect fit. I haven't seen anything thinner than this helmet that is still DOT.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Might look cool but yer face won't if you have an accident..does'nt even protect yer ears!!!They're crap even for scateboards and your riding around between 70mph and 100mph.
Should at least wear a half helmet,theres plent to choose from out there..get a jet or something like it.I know the temptation for these type of bone-head helmets is big when the temperatures go up but you really willing to sacrifice your good looks for a meat face with no nose,mouth etc..only has to happen once..but if you feel lucky then its you taking the chance...not me ..

Ride safe bro'..Ive seen the aftermath of accidents like that.It ain't funny..it's horrendous!

Last edited by Sumpnut; 02-26-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:08 PM
sgtlakey
Cruiser

I wear a DOT skid lid half helmet, its DOT approved and it doesnt look completely retarded.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

All this helmet talk and I ordered a new one lol

Got a Scorpion EXO 100 with hopes that at highway speeds I can flip the half shield down and the wind wont try and rip the helmet off my head as bad.

It seems pretty cool the shield slides into the helmet.

Last edited by bberck; 02-26-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
condition001
Cruiser

i live in maine. the weather changes fast here, and i usually ride to work, so i never know what its going to be like when i get out, or how late i'm going to get out. so rather than risk a 2am ride in the rain with no faceshield, i always have a vega full face. though 90% of the time when its not freezing or raining, the visor will be open

Old 02-27-2009, 11:09 AM
ehc0720
Tourer

I use the Nolan 3/4 with the built in drop down sunglasses. Great because I wear rx glasses and hate to have to carry sunglasses and swap back and forth.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:43 AM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

I wonder how many accidents are caused because they ARE wearing a helmet? Can't see or hear very well. We don't have a helmet law here.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:49 AM
brokebolt
Intermediate
Talking Simpson Street Bandit

I like the Simpson Street Bandit. Much like the original Bandit race helmet but it is DOT and Snell M2005 approved so it is street legal. The Bandit, Super Bandit, or Drag Bandit are not. Oh it is a full face helmet, nice and comfy too. Don't see too many around either.

Here is link:

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/

and a pic of my helmet of choice, only mine is flat black:

http://simpsonraceproducts.com/image...572_2542_0.jpg

Last edited by brokebolt; 02-27-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
motorted
Intermediate

[quote=thomaskray;4617180]I have a harley 1/2 helmet now but it looks like a stupid mushroom on my head. Have a Bell full face for when it's cold and a novelty helmet that I'm too scared to wear.]

I too wear a Harley half helmet and that is one of my complaints. It sits up high on my head. There is a pad that goes from the front to back that I cut out and it's a little better.

For years I wore the full face on the sport bikes. I liked those. But once I switched over to the Harley with a radio, I decided on the half helmet. I like the half helmet. You can hear better and see better. It's not as hot in the Summer time but it also provides less protection. I still like the half helmet better for the cruiser. Both in the Summer and the Winter!

You can talk to other riders and passengers easier too.

Quick Reply: What kind of helmet do your prefer