Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help choosing powder coat color

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:12 PM
recon_sct
|
Advanced
Default Help choosing powder coat color

OK I have my fork sliders, rear fender brackets, rear turn signals and highway pegs ready to ship out to the powder coater and all I need to do is choose a color. I have gone back and forth and can't seem to decide on which way to go... flat black (to match the denim black of the tins) or gloss black (to match the frame and progressive shocks and other pieces) So what would you guys do?

and here's a pic cause I haven't posted one here!

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:21 PM
powdercoater
Road Captain

I'd go with satin black, the same gloss that's on your handlebar swith housings. That way the parts aren't too glossy but still have a little more shine than the tins.

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:22 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

I say Gloss black i love the combo of the flat and gloss. Chad Petersons bob is one of my favorite blacked out bikes.

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:33 PM
recon_sct
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by bberck
I say Gloss black i love the combo of the flat and gloss. Chad Petersons bob is one of my favorite blacked out bikes.
You have a link to a pic of his bike? Would like to see it.

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:36 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by recon_sct
You have a link to a pic of his bike? Would like to see it.
Here you go

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...-peterson.html

Old 02-25-2009 | 09:01 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bberck
+1 on Chad's bike. Also, I believe that originally he had the front end coated flat black and HATED it, lol! Had to re-do it in gloss black.

Old 02-25-2009 | 10:20 PM
chad peterson
Road Master

Right on fellas, devil's right, I did redo all my powdercoating for a better contrast. When it was all coated flat black it looked pretty good, but nothin really stood out, it was kinda boring - I get bored easy though! lol Here's a couple pics of the good contrast gloss black gives to the denim tins.

Attached Thumbnails Help choosing powder coat color-bike-025.jpg   Help choosing powder coat color-bike-021.jpg   Help choosing powder coat color-bike-020.jpg   Help choosing powder coat color-bike-018.jpg  
Old 02-25-2009 | 10:55 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

I would go with a gloss black. I think if you go with to much of the same color everything starts to blend together.

Old 02-25-2009 | 11:00 PM
recon_sct
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by chad peterson
Right on fellas, devil's right, I did redo all my powdercoating for a better contrast. When it was all coated flat black it looked pretty good, but nothin really stood out, it was kinda boring - I get bored easy though! lol Here's a couple pics of the good contrast gloss black gives to the denim tins.
Have to say your bike looks awesome. Think I may have to go gloss black.

Old 02-26-2009 | 12:03 AM
2002fxdp
Road Captain

i say semi.....flat does'nt always look good later on. when stuff gets on it, looks greasy and then gets shiny when you clean it

Quick Reply: Help choosing powder coat color