Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superbrace: Is this thing worth buying or

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Bad Example
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superbrace: Is this thing worth buying or

is it another "fad" item to spend money on? I'm interested in better handling for 'bob, but dont want to spend good money on upgrades offering marginal performance.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Bad Example
Advanced

Oh yeah, while we're at it.....Same goes for the Truetrack...any srious upgrade in handling? or is it just hype?

Old 02-25-2009, 02:19 PM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

no, don't get them it is a ploy to get your money.

Seriously, do a search for both items there are threads with page after page of answers to your questions.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If your a casual non-aggressive rider, Then the upgrades certainly are not necessary.
Should you want to maximize your handling and performance, by all means purchase the brace and true-track.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I haven't tried the true-track yet, but I do have the superbrace, and I have had it on other bikes before too. It's a very worthwhile upgrade. Just like my heated grips, I will never own another bike without it.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,285 Likes on 1,696 Posts

I installed the Superbrace over a month ago and put over 700 miles on the bike...I couldn't feel any difference to the front end, steering, stabilility, etc. BUT, I never had any front end issues without the brace, no wobble up to 90 mph, etc. I still beleive the Dynas with the 49mm forks have very little (if any) fork flex to begin with.

I removed the fork brace 2 days ago to put another 600-700 miles on the bike to see if I notice any differnce now with it off. If I can feel any negative difference at all with stability, wobble, etc. then I'll put it back on.

I ride at a "moderate" pace and don't baby the bike...but I also don't scrape the pegs going thru turns.

It seems like the majority of guys that installed the Superbrace felt a "big" improvement in the handling.....I'm only one of a few that didn't.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:14 PM
bosken
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For less money I would recommend Drop-in Progressive Springs in the fork instead! And get a better front tire next time you change..

Old 02-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Bad Example
Advanced

drop in progressives.....sounds like they should be investigated!!! I will upgrade to better tires when time for a change.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:46 PM
armybrat02
Tourer

I have the HD brace. I love it. It smoothed out the ride from 90 to 120 mph. I just got the progressives and they seem to help out a lot. I would suggest both of them you decide which one first. I set up a true-track buy back in Nov.-Dec. time frame. They offered a good deal ( I was unable to get one at that time. I will get one soon as I get the money) A lot of people picked them up and love them. I think that Mud has one. He would be the best person to ask about that I think. There are a few threads on this check em out.

Brat

Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bad Example
drop in progressives.....sounds like they should be investigated!!! I will upgrade to better tires when time for a change.
Check out Works fork kits as well. Also drop-in install, only marginally more expensive and supposed to be much better. I've got them, but I haven't been able to try them out yet.

Quick Reply: Superbrace: Is this thing worth buying or