Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superbrace: Is this thing worth buying or

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:01 PM
Bad Example
|
Advanced
Default works huh....seems like progressive is

the big brand. Anything to that or is it a bigger advertising budget?

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:05 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Doesn't mean anything. I went with Works after doing some more reading about Progressive right here on this site. Seems quite a few were less than thrilled with the Progressive drop-ins, but not one negative review of the Works kit. Then, I called Works and spoke with a tech, and he convinced me right away. Incredibly knowledgeable about suspensions and Dynas in particular. He seemed to know exactly what was wrong with my particular year and make, and how to correct it. I'm anxious to get my damn bike put back together so I can try it out. Works is very well respected in the sportbike community so I'm quite certain this kit will be up to the task.

That's my recommendation. Works springs and fork brace. That'll do your front end up nicely, but then of course you'll need better shocks, tires, and a true-track. That's the path I'm currently on

Old 02-25-2009 | 08:02 PM
INTHERED
Cruiser

Can anyone post a close up picture of the fork brace installed on the 49mm forks ?

Thanks >>>> inthered

Old 02-26-2009 | 03:08 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

The fork brace is cosmetic. Fork upgrades like springs and emulators are good investments. True-track and other brand drivetrain alignment components are the best return on your money.

Old 02-26-2009 | 04:16 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't know about the super brace but mine works , I use the SE model. I run my bike at higher speeds and the front end is stable before the SE brace was installed over 90 plus 100 the front end felt loose. It tracks better in sweeping turns. It does look good also. I wouldn't say it is purely cosmetic.

Old 02-26-2009 | 06:59 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Superbrace is not purely cosmetic.

Old 02-26-2009 | 07:20 AM
Boneyard Blue
Tourer

Originally Posted by sniper77
The fork brace is cosmetic. Fork upgrades like springs and emulators are good investments. True-track and other brand drivetrain alignment components are the best return on your money.

I think if you have the 49mm forks, I would agree with you but I have no experience with those forks. I have 41mm forks and did purchase the Superbrace about two weeks ago. I'm going to install this weekend and I suspect I'll notice some improvement.

Old 02-26-2009 | 07:52 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

The fork springs on my '09 are wayyyyyyyy too soft for any kind of true "agressive" riding. A fork brace will NOT correct this at all.

I'm gonna try the heavier SE fork oil to firm them up just a bit.

I saved 1lb 8.8oz of unsprung weight by removing the Superbrace...

Old 02-26-2009 | 05:33 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boneyard Blue
I think if you have the 49mm forks, I would agree with you but I have no experience with those forks. I have 41mm forks and did purchase the Superbrace about two weeks ago. I'm going to install this weekend and I suspect I'll notice some improvement.
I agree the 41 and earlier 39 mm forks would probably benefit from a fork brace of any manf, I just don't see anyone being capable of flexing the 49mm tubes under any circumstances. The same holds true for the 1.5" down tubes of the new frame. They are simply "bullet proof".

I would never argue with anyone on the board about their subjective feeling that a brace helped, I simply stated my experience and I'll let it go at that.