Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top End, Bottom End...Where Does It End???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 11:22 PM
jake.h
|
Tourer

Great video, thanks Longhair. I understand the basic mechanics and I wont touch my bike with any of those fancy looking tools. Still wondering about what the consensus is about the warranty. Any thoughts?

Old 02-26-2009 | 12:00 AM
2002fxdp
Road Captain

no cam bearing in my Feuling plate..........
Chad, how much runout did you have? i ended up with .003 so i just put it together. if it ever comes apart again, maybe i'll get it trued

Old 02-26-2009 | 12:31 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jake.h
Great video, thanks Longhair. I understand the basic mechanics and I wont touch my bike with any of those fancy looking tools. Still wondering about what the consensus is about the warranty. Any thoughts?
My local dealer sold me a new Fat Bob and built it up for me. They also sold me an 84 month unlimited mileage warranty,with the explanation that they would honor the warranty for me, but that probably no other Harley dealer would honor it. Fair enough for me, should be living here for a few more years at any rate.

Last edited by Centerline; 02-26-2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: sp
Old 02-26-2009 | 09:36 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain

The trouble with a consensus is that it might not influence the warranty company. I would try to read your policy thouroughly...may not be that easy if its all in legalese, but still worth doing.

I have always thought that modifications would void future warranty only to the modded parts, and maybe others that could have been affected. I.e. if your wheel bearings go out, its seems like the warranty ought to be ok (just my thoughts). Same with the alternater (I think). However, transmission problems could be related....as could almost any engine issue

The problem with an engine build is that quite a few potential problems could be reasonably associated with the build....

Since it seems like you plan to keep the bike for a while, maybe you could find a dealer who would promise to honor the warranty, not really sure this is even possible.

Originally Posted by jake.h
. Still wondering about what the consensus is about the warranty. Any thoughts?