Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st things 1st

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:10 AM
kj217
|
Intermediate
Default 1st things 1st

i bought an 09 Street Bob and it will be out next week..

what are the 1st mods should i consider for my 1st bike??
for example, which exhaust sounds better?

thanks,
Khalid

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:34 AM
Tele00
Tourer

Originally Posted by kj217
i bought an 09 Street Bob and it will be out next week..

what are the 1st mods should i consider for my 1st bike??
for example, which exhaust sounds better?

thanks,
Khalid
First thing I did was a pair of V & H straightshot slipons with quiet baffles. They require no remapping and sound GREAT ........A nice ,reasonably priced way to get the sound you are craving without a bunch of money .

Old 02-25-2009 | 03:38 AM
yoseppi
Tourer

Forward controls if your over 5'5, most Vance & Hines setups kick *** on the Bobs. Love the straightshots for sound and price, but for more sound use a full exhaust with a fuel programmer. Big Shots sounds real loud, and Short Shots are kinds raspier, and longshots tend to have a bit more bass to them.

Look up some videos on youtube for help with sounds, look around though, some videos are crap quality.

Old 02-25-2009 | 04:58 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

First thing I did was go for one heck of a ride....I had been without a ride for 5 yrs and needed to get in the wind as soon as possible.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:28 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

"Forward controls if your over 5'5" what if you are right on this height. I have ridden forwards with no problem. I do have mids on mine but spend most of my cruising on the highway pegs best of both worlds. I would say go to a bike night or special event at dealer and look and listen to the diffrent pipes on the bikes to get an Idea of what you want. I would also look at the performance aspects of the pipes you narrow down at getting as some like a two into one or a two in two with power chamber tech will give you a little more tq and hp and will be easier to tune.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:32 AM
thomaskray
Road Master

If it were me, which it isn't but, I wouldn't do anything for a few months. Keep it stock for a while, get used to it, then when you do make your first mod, you'll notice more of a difference.

Plus you'll have some time to make an educated decision and probably appreciate it more.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:36 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

Getting a new Dyna is like seeing a new girlfriend naked for the first time. Your mind is boggled wondering what your gonna do to her first.

Unlike the girlfriend, your Dyna ain't going nowhere. Take your time and learn what you want to do to it. I, and I imagine many others here, have filled the classifieds and eBay with items purchased in hast. It gets unnecessarily expensive that way.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:42 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

If you're like most of us you'll start with Pipes and move on to to A/C and Fuel management shortly thereafter.
While all of the above is happening you will suddenly start to notice a few other things happening as well, and they are as follows:
1. Chrome Parts begin appearing all over your bike.
2.You notice your bank account getting lower and lower.
3.You start to tell "little white lies" to your significant other like, "That was already there" and "That only cost such and such dollars."
4.You begin hiding the bank Statements.

have fun!

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:10 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by creekhed1
If you're like most of us you'll start with Pipes and move on to to A/C and Fuel management shortly thereafter.
While all of the above is happening you will suddenly start to notice a few other things happening as well, and they are as follows:
1. Chrome Parts begin appearing all over your bike.
2.You notice your bank account getting lower and lower.
3.You start to tell "little white lies" to your significant other like, "That was already there" and "That only cost such and such dollars."
4.You begin hiding the bank Statements.

have fun!
LOL!!! That's exactly what happens!

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:27 AM
octane
Cruiser

First thing get the break in miles out of the way. I remember watching the odometer like a hawk and gunning it right when it hit 500. Still remember that like it was yesterday. +1 on the V&H straight shot slip ons. It doesn't sound like a harley and I was almost depressed when I fired it up with the stock pipes. Second get the forwards put on, pretty easy job if you have tools. I would think about a theme you want to go with and make sure you have that in your head before you start adding parts. I think a lot of people go multiple directions and end up spending more money than they should. Kind of like my current rear fender and front wheel size dilema.

Quick Reply: 1st things 1st