Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v+h fuelpac v p/commander

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 07:58 AM
welsh hog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v+h fuelpac v p/commander

my 06 street bob is going in for its 1000mile service in a weeks time.
im fitting se11s and a breather kit at the same time but my dealer only uses the v+h fuelpac, anyone know the difference between this and the power commander? i have read the various threads elsewhere but as a uk rider i do not have all the options that you guys have as threre are no downloads for 06 dynas available in the uk, however some dealers are using 05 soft tail downloads with no apparent probs.
anyone help?
cheers.

Old 04-23-2006, 11:11 AM
snowyhog
Cruiser
Default RE: v+h fuelpac v p/commander

Hi ,
Yes you do , part 32136-06a screaming eagle race fueler , if you dealer bothered contacting HD uk , then thats the route they are recommending .
Any US HD cartridge will flag faults , there are probs with that softail one on dynas , i have just been refunded on mine .

Old 04-23-2006, 11:26 AM
welsh hog
Intermediate

thanks for that snowyhog, il give my dealer a ring for more info.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:18 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

I would assume that the fuel is only gonna work with V&H pipes since thats whats its set up for.. I could be wrong though.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:54 PM
welsh hog
Intermediate

yea i thought that would be the case too, but my dealer reacons that the fuelpac works the same way as the p/commander and can be used with any pipes? like everything else the more you look into it the more confusing it gets! all i want is my bike to run properly.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Atomicrat
Intermediate

Welsh Hog

When I picked up my (UK) '06 SB in December, I just had the SEII pipes fitted - my dealer said that the fuelling options for Stage 1 were far from clear but expected them to be sorted out by the time I had my 1k service. The service was duely done in the middle of March, and I got the bike back without the massive plastic backing plate on the AC, so I knew that at the high flow filter had been fitted... but I didn't ask about the re-map - I just kinda assumed that a Stage 1 flash download had been applied (being a free service I didn't get an invoice with the usual breakdown of parts used). Anyhoose, I removed the rider seat yesterday to discover that a Vance and Hines fuel pak was tucked away under there. I spent most of last night trying to find out a little more about them - the V&H website theoretically provides the calibration numbers to punch in according to your exhaust and aircleaner set-up (not just V&H kit, but SE stuff was listed too), but you have a Dyna you just get pointed to a phone number to call. When I do get some more concrete information I might have to tweak things a bit as my fuel consumption is horrendous 25-30 mpg (imperial gallons) and I get a lot of popping on the decceleration. I've also had the engine warning light come on for a few seconds after starting the bike but that seems to have disappeared. Otherwise, there are no flat spots and she pulls strongly all the way through the rev range.

In one respect, I'm happy that I didn't just get a reflash (which, appart from not working too well on HDI bikes, is just dead money), but I would like to know a bit more about the fuel pak.

I've made a note of each reading on my fuel pak without changing any of the settings - I would be interested to learn if they match or how they differ from other people running the same set up. One other thing, inside the fuel pak case someone had written FP-0011. I'm guessing that this is a particular default set of values. Can anyone elucidate?

Old 04-23-2006, 08:01 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

I dont think you should get any popping if the bikes is tunes right.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:59 AM
welsh hog
Intermediate

thanks atomicrat
its interesting to hear about the popping on decelaration, as this is something that i want to avoid.
i spoke to the dealer thats carrying out my service yesterday and he told me that the fuelpak works better than the p/commander on the dynas (they sell both) due to the ease of set up. he says the power commander requires 2-3hours set up on a dyno to work properly, where as you said the fuelpak only requires the right code to set up.
interesting to hear about the fuel economy though, my bike in standard set up is doing 30-35mpg. dont know how this compares to other standard bikes?
at the moment im leaning towards the power commander as it seems a more proven system even if it is the most expensive!
does anyone know if the us p/commanders are exactly the same as the uk versions? as us ones are half the price including the shipping!

Old 04-26-2006, 10:53 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

i have the PCIII on my Bob with a thunderheader. Works perfectly. I haven't dyno'd it yet though. Just using the map supplied from power commander.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:17 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

PCIII will have some maps you just down load right to it. It took me all of 15 min to install it. I paid 279.00 US Dollars New
Dynojet had the exact map for my setup so I kinda got lucky. Big Radius with SE A/C and stock ECU

Quick Reply: v+h fuelpac v p/commander