Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush too loud?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
doxbike
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Rush too loud?

A friend of mine just put Rush slip-ons with 1.75" baffles on his '02 88" LowRider. Damn that thing is loud. Too loud for the closed community I live in.

I was going to put the exact same muffs on my FatBob, but now I'm waffling. Will they sound the same with the FXDF's 2:1:2 exhaust? Or will they still be as loud? Are the 1.5" significantly quieter?

How about FuelMoto's own baffles?

I'm looking for something about half way between the stockers and the Rush muffs my friend has. I don't want a complete system, just the slip-ons.

I heard a set of cycle chacke on a FB the other day- they're just as loud as the Rush, just a different tone.

Thanks all.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consider the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons for the FXDF. I have them, and really like them. They're louder than stock at all rpms, but they're not too loud at all. The tone is very nice, low and rumbly.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:04 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I enjoy my V&H Straightshot slip-on pipes with the quiet baffle installed. Tones down the exhaust a bit, and gives you some of the low end torque you will lose with very open pipes.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:23 PM
doxbike
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Le Gras
Consider the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons for the FXDF. I have them, and really like them. They're louder than stock at all rpms, but they're not too loud at all. The tone is very nice, low and rumbly.

I've been thinking about them. I had the SE Street Performance on my sporty and they showed a significant increase in torque and HP on the XL. They don't mention anything like that for the FXDF. I assume it's because they don't make any more power at all compared to the stockers?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doxbike
I've been thinking about them. I had the SE Street Performance on my sporty and they showed a significant increase in torque and HP on the XL. They don't mention anything like that for the FXDF. I assume it's because they don't make any more power at all compared to the stockers?
Very little.

The reason the SE SP muffs make such a difference on the Sportsters is because the stock XL muffs are SO restrictive. The same muffs are used on both the 883 and 1200, and they literally strangle the 1200. That's why Harley claims such phenomenal HP and TQ increases for the 1200 with the SE SP muffs.

The stock Dyna muffs, however, flow pretty good. So there isn't that much of a benefit with the SE SPs on Dynas. Just a little better sound.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 PM
cjsmith16
Novice

I have Rush slip ons with 1.75 baffles also and had to go back to stock muffs. Rush's were just a bit too loud. I'd be interested in anyone with info on the 1.5 or 1.25 baffles for the Rush slipons.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Loud lol, mine are too quiet!

Old 02-22-2009, 10:07 PM
EDZ82FXR
Road Captain

Sorry but I always say the louder the better...Even though some people dont agree, but thats the way i like em

Old 02-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 07 SB with rush 1.75's installed. I must admit when I heard it fired up the first time I was suprised. I was used to the stock mufflers so yes it did seem very loud. After riding with them I am now very pleased with the sound. You can take it easy and they purr pretty good but stil have a bark in them when you stomp it.... I am pretty sure my bike is a lot quiter than all those I hear go by the house..... Hope this helps a little.

Later,
Joe

Attached Thumbnails Rush too loud?-bob-012.jpg  
Old 02-23-2009, 01:51 AM
punisher25
Intermediate

I have the set-up you mention, Rush slip-ons.. I have an 08 Street Bob and they're louder than stock for sure, but not "too loud." I actually just bought a pair of short shots I'm installing soon.. nothing wrong with the Rush's but I just don't like the look of it on my bike, and had them for a year now so needed a change.

Quick Reply: Rush too loud?