Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parts Guys @ the Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts

Our local dealer has a higher turnover rate for employees than frickin McDonalds. Even Starbucks pays $10 hr (to start)

Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 PM
MarineMike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by domenicp7
We need to train them on this forum. We dig into all aspects of our bikes and sometimes with the proper information from some of our members we know more about the inner workings of our bikes then they will ever know. Its a passion not just a job for us. In defence of some there are good ones out there you just have to find them and always ask for them or wait till they can wait on you. I shock my Tech or Part guy everytime he talks to me. If I shop for clothing I just look for the best looking lady on the floor.

Cant say it any better brother. I dropped my bike off this weekend to get some work done. Walked up to the service rep and told him I needed to get some stuff done, he said "kool whutcha need?". I told him I needed to replace the IPB since it was supposed to be done at 15k, and I've got over 17k on the ticker right now. He asked "why?" I explained why it was supposed to be done, he states he never heard of that, and called the service manager to question my request. Of course I was right, dumb a$$. Then I proceeded to advise the service manager that yes it was supposed to be done at 15k not at 20k, dumb a$$. Since I was going to have the primary apart, I wanted to have them upgrade the grenade prone stator on the 06 street bob. Twittle dee and twittle dumb asked why? So I provided another period of instruction, DUMB A$$'s. So they did up the work order for the IPB, stator upgrade, and the 15k service. Sent me to the parts counter where i wish I had taped the whole converstation from the service department, because I went through the whole thing again. They even took the information I provided and made pen changes to their books. And do you think they even offered me some swag for doing their job for them, HELL NO!!