Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Dayyyuuummmm!!" Was the expression I'd say when...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

yeah, but with my bike lowered, will it have the same effect. Since lowering the bike makes the instability even worse, I wonder if it will take all the wobble out.....

Old 03-20-2009, 11:09 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dose anybody know if you can still run an oil cooler with the tru track?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sickwithit
Dose anybody know if you can still run an oil cooler with the tru track?
The nice lady at True Track said that yes it would work. They are extremely helpful - give them a call at 818.623.0697

Old 03-27-2009, 08:34 AM
coppertop666
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I gotta ask a question (a stupid one too I dunno), I've just stumbles upon this and reading everyones feedback, I gotta say it sounds great BUT to be honest, either I am so used to it that I don't realize a problem but what is the issue everyone is (or was) having with their bikes not handling turns well? I have an 04 FXDL that I converted to a wide glide front and even raised the forks 4" from stock and I can still toss the bike around (even though it doesn't handle like it did from the factory) all day. Can someone describe the exact problem that was happening to them to make the choice to get the true track? I also see people were having problems with straight takeoff too? Again I don't get it but maybe I just don't realize there is a potential problem with my bike...

Thanks

Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

Ordered one for my FXD today. I can't wait to experience the "ride the rail" feeling from my sweet little scoot.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:24 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Waiting for mine to arrive too. It will go on with a pair of ME880s as well, when the weather cooperates, I'll run it through the paces and report!

Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

good for you...

Old 03-29-2009, 08:22 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by coppertop666
I gotta ask a question (a stupid one too I dunno), I've just stumbles upon this and reading everyones feedback, I gotta say it sounds great BUT to be honest, either I am so used to it that I don't realize a problem but what is the issue everyone is (or was) having with their bikes not handling turns well? I have an 04 FXDL that I converted to a wide glide front and even raised the forks 4" from stock and I can still toss the bike around (even though it doesn't handle like it did from the factory) all day. Can someone describe the exact problem that was happening to them to make the choice to get the true track? I also see people were having problems with straight takeoff too? Again I don't get it but maybe I just don't realize there is a potential problem with my bike...

Thanks
its not that it doesnt handle turns well...i have a 01 fxdl...a stock bike is ..ok..in turns..but,when going in and through a curve,especially the long sweepers,you may notice a low tire feeling..or your rear tire feels like its wanting to come around on you...some people feel it,some people dont...i dont have the TT..but i have the sputhe positrac,basically the same thing....what this does is attach the trans to the frame..look at your bike..the trans is attached to the swingarm...this sometimes causes the bike to rear steer...by using either of these products you eliminate the sideways movement of the engine and drive train...i guess the best way is to say it stops the eng/drivetrain from twisting in the frame when in a curve.....mine works cuz i've given her hell in quite a few curves since my install...i have had alot of people stop me and ask..what the he!! have you done to that thing...even some riding buddies i let ride mine were amazed..they are more like my brothers than friends...so i know it wasnt my imagination..i didnt tell anyone what i had done,just told them my bike felt different and wanted them to test it....

Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 AM
coppertop666
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 0lowrider1
its not that it doesnt handle turns well...i have a 01 fxdl...a stock bike is ..ok..in turns..but,when going in and through a curve,especially the long sweepers,you may notice a low tire feeling..or your rear tire feels like its wanting to come around on you...some people feel it,some people dont...i dont have the TT..but i have the sputhe positrac,basically the same thing....what this does is attach the trans to the frame..look at your bike..the trans is attached to the swingarm...this sometimes causes the bike to rear steer...by using either of these products you eliminate the sideways movement of the engine and drive train...i guess the best way is to say it stops the eng/drivetrain from twisting in the frame when in a curve.....mine works cuz i've given her hell in quite a few curves since my install...i have had alot of people stop me and ask..what the he!! have you done to that thing...even some riding buddies i let ride mine were amazed..they are more like my brothers than friends...so i know it wasnt my imagination..i didnt tell anyone what i had done,just told them my bike felt different and wanted them to test it....
Thanks for the explanation!! Makes sense now