Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 110 heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're always welcome brotha.
The stock springs (beehive) are good up to .575 lift so I've been told.

I would wager a Cnote there is at least one machine shop in the Rockingham area that knows H-D heads and would do you right for about what I am paying here.

Good luck!

Last edited by sniper77; 02-18-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:45 PM
hogcity5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$600 would be an outstanding price for those heads. benchflowing and porting plus the s&s valve springs was $625.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:53 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
Have a look at the new SE Kompressor heads.........they are designed as a direct bolt-on for your 96"er. They bump your compression up around 10:1, have the beehive springs on em and are set up to allow up to a .580 cam. should fit the bill for what you want to do....I think they are about $600.....
I've been doing some research and from what I've read those heads aren't anything to really waste money on. They're stock valve sizes with some hi-perf springs. They heads are milled just a bit to bump compression. It seems more cost effective to get my stock heads done by a reputable machinist who knows what they're doing. I also read that the guy over at BigBoyz is quite good.

I don't have a huge bank account to throw money at my bike. I do want a little more pep out of it and want to maximize the mods I do engine-wise. I've never had a bike that was more than stock so this will be an experience for me.

I suppose if I came across a good deal on those heads I might get a set but I'm not going to run out and drop 600 bucks on them tomorrow.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:34 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I've been doing some research and from what I've read those heads aren't anything to really waste money on. They're stock valve sizes with some hi-perf springs. They heads are milled just a bit to bump compression. It seems more cost effective to get my stock heads done by a reputable machinist who knows what they're doing. I also read that the guy over at BigBoyz is quite good.

I don't have a huge bank account to throw money at my bike. I do want a little more pep out of it and want to maximize the mods I do engine-wise. I've never had a bike that was more than stock so this will be an experience for me.

I suppose if I came across a good deal on those heads I might get a set but I'm not going to run out and drop 600 bucks on them tomorrow.
I hear ya - I was just offering an option; plus $600 isnt really that bad when you consider the cost of having yours worked on and the downtime involved. These are a straight swap, no downtime and you still have your stockers to either sell or keep in case you want to put it back to stock.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

CRF, I do appreciate it. Made me read up on those heads so now I learned a little more.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:26 PM
hogcity5
Cruiser

Checked the part number at ZANOTTIS $460 something. I was thinking these were the pro heads. Stock head that has been decked to raise compression and SE name plate riveted on.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
103Lee
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair

The combustion chambers are different. Won't work worth a $hit without at least a 1550cc piston kit. Local dealers may have CVO 110 heads with low miles laying around. If you're not changing cams , don't bother.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:07 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by 103Lee
The combustion chambers are different. Won't work worth a $hit without at least a 1550cc piston kit. Local dealers may have CVO 110 heads with low miles laying around. If you're not changing cams , don't bother.
A 1550 kit would sort of be a downgrade since my ride is an 07 96" (1584cc). I am changing cams...Woods TW6-6.

I think if I'm going to mess with the heads, I'll have my OE heads worked. Probably more cost-effective route.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, it is much better to have your heads reworked vs an off the shelf head. This way, you are getting head work done that will match the rest of the components in your build. You will get a better running bike, and will be happier in the end.

Bean at Big Boyz is a great guy to talk to. Give him a call! I have no experience with his heads, but I have seen conflicting reports here. But for the price, who knows?

Good luck!

Mike

Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just me, but I'd go for the 103 over the 110.

Quick Reply: SE 110 heads