Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True track or super brace

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009 | 06:25 AM
jake40ma
|
Cruiser
Default True track or super brace

Fellas, If you only had the money to do one of these mods for the near future, which one would you choose?? True Track or the Super Brace? Thanks The stage one has me a little tight at the present time.

Old 02-17-2009 | 06:28 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the superbrace. It was the first upgrade I tried to improve the handling. It failed to improve handling.

If you want your money to make a difference and you can afford it, the true track or the sputhe positrac is the most bang for your buck.

Old 02-17-2009 | 06:54 AM
jake40ma
|
Cruiser

Sniper,
Are you advising against the purchase of the Super Brace at any point? There have been some good reviews on here but I like to hear both sides. I was kind of leaning the True Track way to begin with Thanks Jake

Old 02-17-2009 | 07:13 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jake40ma
Sniper,
Are you advising against the purchase of the Super Brace at any point? There have been some good reviews on here but I like to hear both sides. I was kind of leaning the True Track way to begin with Thanks Jake
No, I'm not advising against it. I just don't know how so many people can feel a difference when I got absolutely nothing from it.

My results make sense to me. The bike has Clydesdale fork tubes. The tubes are short. The triple trees are only inches away from the sliders even at full extension.

......and I slammed an immovable object at an unknown speed (I was braking hard from 115 and still too fast to lean), did a full endo and the forks didn't even bend.

I will say the front might have survived the endo in part because the brace was on there but, at full compression if they were going to bend it would not have been at the top of the slider but at the bottom triple tree.

Back in the day when we ran skinny fork tubes at 10" over length we put fork braces on the tubes themselves for structural support and they helped keep the flexing minimized but, even then we didn't put the brace on the slider that I can recall.

Old 02-17-2009 | 08:22 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master

i have both ..the superbrace and the sputhe positrac....the brace helps,i have 39mm narrowglide forks(01 fxdl)gave the forks a more firmer feel.stock front end,only mod is amsoil med wght suspension fluid,now the sputhe positrac makes the whole bike feel more firmer,more receptive to rider input,twisties,even in a straight line...it does work...now the questions are, what can you afford ?what better fits your style ? the superbrace is around $150 the positrac/true track is around $360 the superbrace takes about ten mins to install the positrac/true track takes about 1 1/2 hrs if you take your time......i put the sputhe positrac and the true track in the same category because they are basically the same .if it were me ..and i had the money i would go with the sputhe or the true track.now wich one ?you decide,i went with the sputhe because of the size(more compact,less noticable,on the front,rear is the same)....oh boy..decisions ,decisions....

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:30 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

FWIW, I started a new topic a month ago after installing the super brace on my '09 Street Bob...I couldn't feel any difference at all. I've since put 600-700 miles on the bike, and still can't "feel" any difference. This is riding city, freeway, highway and some twisty county back roads. I ride the bike at what I consider a "moderate" pace, and don't baby it at all.

IMO, bikes with the 49mm forks have very little (if any) fork flex. I never had any wobble at higher speeds (up to 90 mph) prior to the install and I never felt the front end feel loose in turns.

The only issue I have with the forks is that the springs are a bit too soft, so I plan to change out the fork oil with the SE oil at the 5000 mile service, which will be in 2-3 months.

I've decided to keep the fork brace on the bike...I've gotten used to the looks of it, and it "might" help stability on freeways and roads with deep rain grooves of uneven pavement. Worse case scenerio, it adds a couple pounds of unsprung weight to the bike.

Last edited by SBRob; 02-17-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2009 | 09:46 AM
jake40ma
|
Cruiser

Very interesting I have the Fat Bob and I think I'm gonna jump on the True Track/ Sputhe bandwagon!! Now, which one?? Always decisions! Thanks a bunch guys

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:53 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SBRob
IMO, bikes with the 49mm forks have very little (if any) fork flex. I never had any wobble at higher speeds (up to 90 mph) prior to the install and I never felt the front end feel loose in turns.
The more I thought about it, I tend to agree, which is why I didn't pull the trigger on a Superbrace yesterday.

The Superbrace made a big difference in the handling and tracking on uneven pavement with my Sportster, but those are 39 mm forks.

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:58 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

I have 49mm forks, and I felt a big difference with the brace. I ride every day, so I always feel when something is different, and this definitely had a positive effect. It completely tightened up the whole front end. It was definitely a good modification. I'm thinking of trying true-track next though. I just can't decide if I wanna drop the $340 on it though....

Old 02-17-2009 | 09:59 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

I guess it's time I ask this question. What is a true-trac, what does it look like, and what does it do exactly?

Quick Reply: True track or super brace