Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big sucker vs SE a/c

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 PM
phatman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big sucker vs SE a/c

Will the covers that fit the se a/c fit on the ness big sucker stage 1?? I'm looking at getting the big sucker and using a cover like this if it will work. If not I'll use the SE a/c. http://www.azece.com/orderair.htm#ap%20solid%20color

Also any big reason to use one over the other? Any performance difference? I like the fact that the big sucker gets rid of the plastic breather tubes but that's the only real difference I see.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No real difference in performance. There used to be a big difference in price but I think that gap has closed as well. I believe on the Big Sucker 1 the same covers will fit but I'm not 100% on that.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:50 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

I should have checked the link first. Those covers will work with either. They are just the end caps so there should be no problem.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:10 PM
phatman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about rain? Any problems running open filter in the rain? I would imagine it's not good but I can't find a cover for either the ness or se filters....You know something like what comes with the SE Heavy Breather. Sorry for the DA questions I'm just trying to find what setup I want to use that can work in various conditions. Never know what you'll get stuck in... better safe than sorry

Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

Most guys don't have much of a problem running an open filter in the rain. I believe that Dennis Kirk and JP cycles both have some sort of breathable rain cover available if you need it. I think the problem comes when you have 3 days of straight rain riding and nothing dries out. Hopefully with this staying towards the top one of the guys that runs an open filter will see this and have an answer for you.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 PM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the round SE A/C setup and added the Zippers Max Flow filter which provides 60% more filter area than the SE filter. It made a difference, though how much I have no way to measure. I say it made a difference because I ran the SE filter for a while and did a MasterTune run. As soon as the Zippers filter went on, the bike leaned out judging by the decel popping, etc., so I'll have to do another MasterTune run to get it back in the zone.

All said, I'm happy with it - it did what I expected it to.

Steve

Old 02-16-2009, 11:34 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I went with the SE/AC & stock football because I have the SE A/C ring that is on the football that matches my pipes and every time any LEO has asked if my pipes are stock I tell them yes and they see Screaming Eagle on the pipes and on the air cleaner cover. Then just say "ok". One guy asked what screaming eagle was...I told him it was a Harley Brand and they actually make screaming eagle bikes.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phatman
Will the covers that fit the se a/c fit on the ness big sucker stage 1?? I'm looking at getting the big sucker and using a cover like this if it will work. If not I'll use the SE a/c. http://www.azece.com/orderair.htm#ap%20solid%20color

Also any big reason to use one over the other? Any performance difference? I like the fact that the big sucker gets rid of the plastic breather tubes but that's the only real difference I see.
You can make your own Big Sucker cover for much less than that!