Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes too loud?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:32 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipes too loud?????

Who on here has gotten tickets for the pipes being to loud??? Where were you and how were you riding the bike??? I dont care if I have the loudest pipes out there I just hate the way the stock bike sounds. I put on the V&H Big Radius and fear that they may be too loud. I dont want to get a ticket. 1st time harley rider here. All advise is welcome. Thanks

Old 04-21-2006, 06:07 PM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pipes too loud?????

By all means have loud pipes. I do. However, the loudest pipes are obnoxious and most of the time are nothing more than a bunch of sound and fury representing nothing. My Bassanis are deep and throaty when I want them to be but I try to show restraint around old people, couples with babies, people walking dogs, and late at night coming home through neighborhoods with people trying to get a good nights sleep and the like. When driving through town try not to redline each gear drawing attention (Hate) toward yourself and all Harleys which will only cause a backlash with the cagers and they in turn will create legislation to take away our fun. (Legislation I may add that's already in full swing) I love the sound of my bike wide open on the open road and I like nothing better than to melt eardrums and shatter glass with the boys. But with freedom comes responsibility. We should band together and protect our bikes and our way of life. And with oil issues and overcrowded roads we should be given some type of tax break to encourage more motorcycles on the road instead of being loud pain in the asses that makes the EPA want to shut us up. (shut us up, meaning aftermarket exhaust).

Old 04-21-2006, 06:15 PM
mojo
Tourer

Well said Warrior!

Old 04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

to tell you the truth I havent owned the bike that long or listened to all different kinds of exhausts out there. So i have no idea what really sounds good, i just know I hated the stock sound and I really liked the way the Big radius looks on the SG. They do sound much louder than stock, but its a relative question as to how loud they are I guess. To me they are loud. Could you shed some lite on where they compare to others out there as far as being too loud. I def, dont want to make an *** out of myself. I wanted the nice harley rumble sound. Whatever that may be...

Thanks for the posts, much appreciated

Old 04-21-2006, 06:27 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they do sell quiet baffels put those in if your worried

Old 04-21-2006, 06:34 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

By all means have loud pipes. I do. However, the loudest pipes are obnoxious and most of the time are nothing more than a bunch of sound and fury representing nothing. My Bassanis are deep and throaty when I want them to be but I try to show restraint around old people, couples with babies, people walking dogs, and late at night coming home through neighborhoods with people trying to get a good nights sleep and the like. When driving through town try not to redline each gear drawing attention (Hate) toward yourself and all Harleys which will only cause a backlash with the cagers and they in turn will create legislation to take away our fun. (Legislation I may add that's already in full swing) I love the sound of my bike wide open on the open road and I like nothing better than to melt eardrums and shatter glass with the boys. But with freedom comes responsibility. We should band together and protect our bikes and our way of life. And with oil issues and overcrowded roads we should be given some type of tax break to encourage more motorcycles on the road instead of being loud pain in the asses that makes the EPA want to shut us up. (shut us up, meaning aftermarket exhaust).
amen

Old 04-21-2006, 06:39 PM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

I totally agree with Warrior. In response to the original question, Ihave heard the Rinharts 2 to 1 and they are very quiet until WOT and then they talk to you... I beleive that will be my next purchase...

Keep it vertical

Old 04-21-2006, 06:46 PM
phreak
Road Master

This Review shows that the V&H Quiet Baffles drop the level about 6db, phrom 98 to 92. Not a big change, but maybe enough. The tone is what get's the most change with the quiet baffles, makes it deeper, which to most will probably be more tolerable. They are also reported to increase torque, but the review doesn't have any dyno numbers to back it up.

As phar as loud goes, you've choosen some of the loudest pipes out there. Good phor you. Just be responsible about when and where you let them holler, and you should be phine.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:38 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

"IF THEY'RE TOO LOUD..... YOUR TOO OLD....." Just Kidding... We used to have a saying.. "MORE SOUND LESS GROUND.." I agree with you "theyogawarrior"... we need more peeps on our side.. pissing them off ain't the way to do it... I got SEII...as well but turn the wick up in the right places only... [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 04-21-2006, 09:06 PM
stc13
Tourer

ok maybe its the redneck in me but who cares who I offend ...
both my trucks are loud ,the guy living to my right has a custom chopper that rattles my walls
the guy across the street has has loud everything,bikes, trucks, cars
man I dig it of couse im deaf in one ear

Quick Reply: Pipes too loud?????