Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes too loud?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:08 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pipes too loud?????

Got top baffle out by pulling. For the bottom baffle I had to remove the muffler and have tried several times to hammer it out from the other side... no success. Baffle doesn't even budge.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-23-2006, 02:13 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sintax

Got top baffle out by pulling. For the bottom baffle I had to remove the muffler and have tried several times to hammer it out from the other side... no success. Baffle doesn't even budge.

Any suggestions?
Have you tried heating around the baffle (not the baffle itself) w/a torch? Should almost fall out after that.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:16 PM
kaduku
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick something again in there like the end of a hammer handle, make sure it is against that oval piece and whack it hard with another hammer. Don't baby it man, just hit it hard a few times and it will fall off. You're almost there!

Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM
sintax
Tourer

Holy Sh#t... I had to bang the hell out of it. I ultimately ended up victorious though. The bottom muffler is back on and everything is tightened down. I just washed the bike with the good ol' Mr. Clean washer and now am just waiting for UPS to get here so I can slide the new baffles in.

It looks like my bottom muffler, the one I removed, is angling down just a tiny bit now but it could be my imagination. I loosened it all back up and made sure it was pushed in all the way so I will live with it and see how it is.

Thanks everyone for you help... I should hopefully report back in an hour or so with my final thoughts.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:40 PM
sintax
Tourer

SUCCESS!

The new baffles went in and bolted on in about 4 minutes on the first try. And the sound... so much better!

I went out on a 40 mile test ride and the difference is astounding! This upgrade has made a huge difference compared to the stock baffles in my SEII's and I don't get that jerk-jerk in the lower gears like I was before.

I ran across three cop cars sitting by the end of the road so I quickly sucked in the clutch and eased it on by until I was out of ear shot. Not sure if Texas has any laws like that but I better do some investigating. :-)

My dealer just started offering Dyno runs. Would that be something that I could benifit from now?