Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes too loud?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 12:29 AM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipes too loud?????

Well I try and be very resonsible, but after reading all the epa crap I am paranoid. These pipes are pretty loud at idle. Everytime I came to a light today I felt as I everyone were staring. I was always looking around for the popo. Maybe I will look into the quiet baffles. I didnt realize these were some of the loudest pipes out there. Geez, I thouhgt they were middle of the road.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:02 AM
mcurry5
Road Captain

Hey iwas searching the net, I cant seem to find anywhere on here that the Big Radius has a quiet baffle available. There website doesnt have it on there either. Hmmmm do they make a quiet baffle for the Big Radius. 06' dyna

Old 04-22-2006, 01:03 AM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was installing big radius today and one my 02 sensors was seized, so I have to replace it. They are loud, thats good, they can hear you coming. I have been riding with stock pipes for a couple of months now, so I know it will be a big change, but I'll get used to it. haha

Old 04-22-2006, 01:05 AM
mcurry5
Road Captain

how can you tell if the 02 sensor was seized?? I just took the ones off the stock pipes and put them on the Big Radius. Did I do something wrong ?

Old 04-22-2006, 01:24 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my kid's pipes are too loud. That crying sh*t goes right through me. OK...and my SEIIs are just right for me. I don't think I would want any louder. Some say that they're not enough and replace the baffles..that's cool. Others have complete exhausts that are a little/a lot louder. I've just come to appreciate the fact that I can hear the engine nicely...I hear it between shifts, and when I go under an overpass, it sounds really cool.

Todd

Old 04-22-2006, 04:02 AM
kaduku
Road Captain

Earlier today I took out my Big City Thunder baffles out my SEIIs and put back the orignal baffles because I actually thought it was too loud and close to being obnoxious. I rode a couple miles and returned home and immediately put back the BCT baffles. Sorry guys, but the SEII baffles was so wimpy. I guess I got used to the roar of the BCTs.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:15 AM
jdizzie
Advanced

kaduku...if the SEII baffles were wimpy...... are the BCT baffles louder or just lower in sound??

Old 04-22-2006, 01:12 PM
kaduku
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jdizzie

kaduku...if the SEII baffles were wimpy...... are the BCT baffles louder or just lower in sound??
I'm sorry again guys if I offended anyone by using the word wimpy. The SEIIs do sound great IMO, but the BCTs are considerable louder, even at idle, people will stare, and when you gun it, it really roars with a hot rod sound. The sound is much better than having no baffles at all. I live in an area where there is a large community of retirees, and thats why I first removed it (wife also told me to, haha), I had to sneak in the bike after each run and shut off right away to not bother any of my neighbors, but after putting back the stock SEII baffles, it was just too quiet. Sorry neighbors! You're just gonna have to deal with it man!

https://www.hdforums.com/m_401265/tm.htm

Old 04-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Stucarius
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: theyogawarrior

My Bassanis are deep and throaty when I want them to be but I try to show restraint around old people, couples with babies, people walking dogs, and late at night coming home through neighborhoods with people trying to get a good nights sleep and the like. When driving through town try not to redline each gear drawing attention (
I am curious how do your Bassani's compare sound wise or loud wise to V&H ans SEII slip ons?

Old 04-22-2006, 01:39 PM
stbobber
Road Captain

No Mcmurry, one of my 02 sensors would not screw out of the pipe. Maybe someone forgot to put antiseize on the threads. Anyhow its in a local shop, I'm picking it up this afternoon. I'll let you know how I like the Big Radius on my Bob.

Quick Reply: Pipes too loud?????