Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork Springs Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
I want new springs up front too, but I don't want to go through the hassle of changing my oil again, as I just did it a few hundred miles ago. Do I have any options, or do all require me to re-change oil? I know the progressive drop in kit won't require me to change oil, but I'd really like to get race tech springs, or maybe works performance even...

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Changing to a heavier fork oil made a huge difference. I am using SE fork oil, and it really stiffened up the front a lot, and there's much less dipping. Give that a try as well. I still want to change my springs though.
Adrian, give the guys at Works a call and discuss it with them. I did, and just told them what I want, and I learned a TON about my bike's suspension. The guy I spoke with (I wish I remembered his name) was really well-versed in Harleys and the weak suspension they offer stock. He actually recommended installing their springs with the stock oil. Since mine is an '05 and the oil is so easy to change, I'm replacing the oil anyway (it was disgusting coming out). You can drop the Works kit right in through the top. I've placed the order but mine haven't arrived yet, it takes them a week or so to ship, and another week from Cali to Ohio. Once I have mine in, I'll report on the difference, but I know Works is a very well respected name in motorcycle suspensions outside of the Harley world, so I expect great results.